What do you hate about Studio One? What is missing?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Blurry as f**k unless I disable display scaling on Windows 8.1 w/a high dpi display.

Maybe some day. I can still used it with scaling disabled and the pen of my Surface Pro 3, but my dreams of a 27" high dpi monitor are dashed :)

But it isn't any different from any other damned program that isn't a web browser =/
Meh.

A possibility to have several processing chains of one stem/virtual synth running in parallel and displayed on the same mixer track would be very nice. Say, I want to have the spectrum of my synth split in two parts, the lower one to be monoized and heavily sidechained, while the upper one distorted and chorused. I can do this using prefader sends, but this is not very handy. Also this does not allow me to set the bifurcation point after a common processing (say, I want my synth to be compressed before any further processing).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

LawrenceF wrote: That's a really good idea actually, a button or a "Collapse All" function on the context menu thing. :tu: One thing I hate in any software is having to take my right hand off of the mouse to do a two handed keystroke when I shouldn't really have to... or move my left hand all the way over there and do finger gymnastics to hit Alt+Up.
Exactly my thoughts.
It would be also OK if we could change Alt+Up to a key command of our choice, but I don't think that's possible. I'm not a big fan of key commands that require to press two keys (let alone three), especially if you need both hands to press both, as you mention.
I'd prefer the button be at the top of the browser but a button anywhere is better than no button.
I would prefer it here, next to the Home button, with the same small size:

This would ensure that the collapse button is available from anywhere in the browser, so you could use it for all tabs.
(Maybe it could be a toggle switch? So that it acts as an "expand all" button, when all folders are closed.)
You should go make that FR.
I might do that :)
Already there. Alt + click the arrow to collapse all the side panels.
That's a great tip, thanks :)

I appreciate this thread, as I am considering dumping Reaper for Studio One. Much appreciated!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

It has it's cred. Just keep in mind three things.....

DEMO
DEMO
and DEMO

;)

I love using studio one sometimes but it's not going to be the super efficient cpu use reaper is. That's a straight-up fact.

Is it just me or is the whole mixer section a major desaster? When erasing a channel it is still available within the mixer? Or was I just blind? Why does that make sense?

You guys gotta kick it up a notch. The Reason thread's bonfire can be seen from outer space. :hihi:

TheKid wrote:Is it just me or is the whole mixer section a major desaster? When erasing a channel it is still available within the mixer? Or was I just blind? Why does that make sense?
Yep. It's not a disaster, but it's very frustrating.

TheKid wrote: When erasing a channel it is still available within the mixer? Or was I just blind?
There are two functions on the context menu in arrange for midi tracks, "Remove Track" and "Remove Track & Instrument".

The first removes the midi track but leaves the instrument loaded in the rack, so because the instrument is still loaded it's outputs will still be in the mixer. The second option removes everything, the midi track and the instrument it was playing, leaving nothing.

Hope that helps a little.

:dog: Ah, thanks. :love:

Biggest killer for me is none of Ableton Lives midi effects are in Studio One.

:x

TheKid wrote::dog: Ah, thanks. :love:
You're welcome.

EnochLight wrote:I appreciate this thread, as I am considering dumping Reaper for Studio One. Much appreciated!
I did that; you will be happy you did ;) :tu:

hibidy wrote:I love using studio one sometimes but it's not going to be the super efficient cpu use reaper is. That's a straight-up fact.
Fair point, but Reaper is a total uninspiring bummer to use. I get depressed and disoriented every time I open it :-? :drunk: :(

I was playing with the Sonar X3 trial; gorgeous UI, but I felt like I need an advanced engineering degree to use it--everything felt a bit foreign to me.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”