Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

arkmabat wrote:http://tamw.atari-users.net/dx7.htm

Presets and DX7 tips.
Thanks. One of the best FM acoustic pianos is amoung those patches (PianoBoTim in Failt.syx). :tu:

arkmabat wrote:
toothnclaw wrote:
asb2m10 wrote:Btw, if you have a bug, I strongly suggest opening a ticket on github (Dexed home page). This helps me tracks the changes, if not, it gets lost in this conversation.
I just found a bug in FL Studio 11. Cannot change presets with the Fruity Wrapper left/right arrows.

(Will try to join github later.)
Yeah I've had that issue too. I think it may only be when it's bridged.
No, here is 32 plugin in 32 host on 32 bit system.

DX7 used as the bass for tons of 80s songs!
http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/for ... 18/358616-

I can't seem to change presets at all anymore :( What happened?! Only the first preset in each set loaded works and they all go back to that annoying first preset. Is it supposed to click at the end?! I'm in FL Studio :/
Last edited by arkmabat on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I uploaded my patches from my yamaha tx7, which work well with dexed,
get them here http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=2231
i find that the refs whistle does not sound the same but all the others sound
like a dx7 is playing, it's a bank of 32 sounds ripped into a syx.

so, no AU version yet but is there a way to use the vst version on Logic X ?
I install DEXED with VSTAU Manager 0.2RC2 but I can't see the plugin in Logic AU manager !

Looking forward to v 0.8.1 when there is going to be a improved preset/patch browser !

try parallel it allows you to run windows software on mac osx. vst plugins go in a particular
folder located here c\\program files\steinberg\vstplugins or here c:\\program files\vstplugins

The problem isn't Windows software – Dexed has a Mac VST version. But Logic only accepts Audio Units, not (Mac) VST plugs.

One possible solution is Bidule. But you have to pay for the plug-in version (the standalone is free so far) to get an AU version that can host (Mac) VSTs.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

There are clicks on many of the patches, too loud and especially audible on pads, or if there's a reverb after Dexed. What's causing these clicks? Is this normal DX7 behaviour? Are there any tricks to reduce or remove them altogether? The best solution would be an option "Remove f**king clicks NOW!" on the Settings page.

Regarding the GUI: please keep it simple, readable, lightweight and oldskool! Please think about people with bad eyesight and old setups! Thanks!

I feel like I messed up the registry settings for Dexed. The preset browser used to work fine..

Is there a way to reset VST registry settings?

In win8 there appears to be a "Dexed.xml" in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\DigitalSuburban ... deleting that file *should* reset the Dexed settings ...

Okay. I opened a github support ticket too. Thanks!

asseca wrote:In win8 there appears to be a "Dexed.xml" in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\DigitalSuburban ... deleting that file *should* reset the Dexed settings ...
Not here on my PC? :?

Return to “Instruments”