Looking for a free, non-aliasing, simple synth to create sine wave sub-basses

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As simple as that,
Iv'e tried a few and all seem to generate some unneeded harmonics.

Thanks 8)

You shouldn't really be getting aliasing on sine waves at low frequencies, its odd that you've tried a few synths and had the same problem. Have you checked with an oscilloscope to see if it is actually coming from the synth, and not something else in the your system? There's a few free vst ones if you've not got one allready.

I've often used TAL-Elek7ro's sinewave for the sub, have you tried that one?
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

bpblog wrote:I've often used TAL-Elek7ro's sinewave for the sub, have you tried that one?
THIS.
or any default patch on an fm synth... just smoothen a bit the env...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

If you want a synth which can retrigger the wave phase, you could try Dune BE Make sure you register there with a trash mail adress though, they obviously want to spam you with product "recommendations"... i recently signed up there, and they thoroughly asked me for my interests. :x

Clean sine oscillator can't get anywhere near aliasing.
If you want a synth which can retrigger the wave phase
I believe it's the other way round, he gets additional harmonics only because the oscillator is retriggered. Which is perfectly fine and you should really keep it on your bassline.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:....Which is perfectly fine and you should really keep it on your bassline.
What do you mean?

ferez21 wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:....Which is perfectly fine and you should really keep it on your bassline.
What do you mean?
I keep the whole bassline and kick phase-synced for a variety of reasons. Free-running (continuous) waveforms can't achieve that.
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Can you list the variety of reasons please? :)

1. In-phase waveforms sum up so it's louder. The same is true for dynamic range. If one waveform crosses 0, all are silent.
2. Compressor is triggered at rising edge and stays active for a while, which is the same period for all instruments in bassline.
3. Bass is going to be kept mono, which means no phase offset between L and R channel anyway. Same reasons that cause bass to sound bad when wide cause it sound bad when multiple instruments are out of phase.

Return to “Sound Design”