Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

gamecat666 wrote:the usual pantomime :)
looking forward to the $20 group buy. :party:
before or after peter comes back to defend the hand that feeds :?: :?:

Maybe i am missing something.
Some complained that there was no cheaper version to allow them to use their ik libraries in a 64bit environs.
Ik listened and released just that. Now people complain about this?

Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Maybe i am missing something.
Some complained that there was no cheaper version to allow them to use their ik libraries in a 64bit environs.

Rsp
yes, you are missing some things :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:so, either ikmultimedia are the kind of company that has no roadmap, acts upon chance (oh, and just managed to knock up a version of stank that is not bloated, AND allows legacy libraries)
For a very long time there was no Sample Tank 3, and then suddenly there are three versions.

Just checked the cart and Jampoints can be deducted from the price. If you got €24 in Jampoints, you can use them to get the price down to €56
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:or you have just been spinning us a load of bullshit about nothing been really planned yet.
I think it will be explained like: Many users have expressed an interest in using legacy libraries in ST3 without the need to buy the full ST3 version. IK has listened to the needs of its loyal customer base and have released ST3 SE due to popular demand.

Numanoid wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:so, either ikmultimedia are the kind of company that has no roadmap, acts upon chance (oh, and just managed to knock up a version of stank that is not bloated, AND allows legacy libraries), or you have just been spinning us a load of bullshit about nothing been really planned yet.
For a very long time there was no Sample Tank 3, and then suddenly there are three versions.

Just checked the cart and Jampoints can be deducted from the price. If you got €24 in Jampoints, you can use them to get the price down to €56
well, i do have jampoints. :shrug:

Great SampleTank 3SE..

Now maybe we can see some NEW ST3 Libraries coming out... And let's start with the Key Switching Bass... :)

Rsp

LOL. How many times do we have to see this same, stupid reasoning...
"SOME people said X, now SOME OTHER people (quite likely) are saying the opposite... which is it?"

When we said "cheaper", we meant a PLAYER version only, with no samples at all, so it should be really cheap, like $40 or under. A no-brainer 64 bit update for all of the previous customers.

ST3 has gone down in history as possibly the worst example of marketing and launching a VST, together with fingers-in-the-ears "We're not listening to you" from IKM... Way to go!

And I look forward to the Computer Music 'review' that begrudgingly admits it isn't that good, but still gives it an '8' or something ridiculous like that.

Virtually nobody is going to buy ST3 at full price. 10 years, for this?

gamecat666 wrote:the usual pantomime :)
looking forward to the $20 group buy. :party:
I agree. This smacks of desparation.

Still, at least IKM didn't have to admit they were wrong! Who cares if they lose millions of dollars - admitting you are wrong (because you decided what your customers wanted, rather than listening to your customers and providing them with what they ASKED for) is far worse than that, apparently...

So are we EVER going to get an ST3 player? You know, seeing as all they have to do is simply NOT supply any samples with it.

basslinemaster wrote:

Rsp

LOL. How many times do we have to see this same, stupid reasoning...
"SOME people said X, now SOME OTHER people (quite likely) are saying the opposite... which is it?"

When we said "cheaper", we meant a PLAYER version only, with no samples at all, so it should be really cheap, like $40 or under. A no-brainer 64 bit update for all of the previous customers.
So my question is this. Does SE allow for custom samples? I'd actually have no problem buying the engine with the ability to add custom samples for a reasonable upgrade price. So far I gather I can use ST2 libraries which is cool but can I also use the sampler? If I can't, then that's a deal breaker.

Numanoid wrote:I think it will be explained like: Many users have expressed an interest in using legacy libraries in ST3 without the need to buy the full ST3 version. IK has listened to the needs of its loyal customer base and have released ST3 SE due to popular demand.
actually, the groundwork was already set for such a response by peter, a few pages back :lol: :lol:

frankz00 wrote: So my question is this. Does SE allow for custom samples? I'd actually have no problem buying the engine with the ability to add custom samples for a reasonable upgrade price. So far I gather I can use ST2 libraries which is cool but can I also use the sampler? If I can't, then that's a deal breaker.
Yes you can import user samples too.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
frankz00 wrote: So my question is this. Does SE allow for custom samples? I'd actually have no problem buying the engine with the ability to add custom samples for a reasonable upgrade price. So far I gather I can use ST2 libraries which is cool but can I also use the sampler? If I can't, then that's a deal breaker.
As in the mapped samples you can do in ST2?

Also a basic comparison chart would help....

frankz00 wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
As in the mapped samples you can do in ST2?
Yes.

frankz00 wrote:Also a basic comparison chart would help....
We do those for some of our accessories, good idea. I will relay that. Thank you.

Return to “Instruments”