Let’s Beat Cancer – 4 free dlM VST if donations reach £1000 – Slix, Erratic2, loophole & Impakter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
erratic Impakter loophole slix

sbj wrote:
todd_r wrote:Bump, free plugins and help fight cancer, everyone's a winner!

Come on, get donating :party:
+1
Except you won't be "help[ing] fight cancer", and nobody will be saved, because the 'research' is a giant cash cow for all those who work at Cancer Research UK. 43 years since the start of the 'war on cancer' and we are no nearer a cure - how is that possible if all those hundreds of billions of pounds of 'research' have been on the right track?

Somebody I know died of cancer. Does that mean I put my head in the sane and blindly waste money on looking in the wrong place, and also pay people to torture the animals I love?

basslinemaster wrote:
sbj wrote:
todd_r wrote:Bump, free plugins and help fight cancer, everyone's a winner!

Come on, get donating :party:
+1
Except you won't be "help[ing] fight cancer", and nobody will be saved, because the 'research' is a giant cash cow for all those who work at Cancer Research UK. 43 years since the start of the 'war on cancer' and we are no nearer a cure - how is that possible if all those hundreds of billions of pounds of 'research' have been on the right track?

Somebody I know died of cancer. Does that mean I put my head in the sane and blindly waste money on looking in the wrong place, and also pay people to torture the animals I love?
This sounds like HPC material to me.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well.

In 1971, President Nixon and Congress declared war on cancer. Since then, the federal government has spent well over $105 billion on the effort. Just the US government. And others two.
So much time and so much money and no answers regarding cancer????
Same with aids?

I read books about both themes and the answers and the help against both illnesses are already found.
But sick people bring more money then people that are healthy.

So....

jsp1979 wrote:
This sounds like HPC material to me.

Erratic2 is feature packed, and while the demo didn't reveal much about the sound, and was still huge in size, it should be good as far as 32 bit plugins go.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Cancer Research UK has a policy on their website

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-u ... r-research
A great deal of cancer research is carried out without using animals. In certain areas, however, animal research remains essential if we are to understand, prevent and cure cancer. Cancer Research UK only uses animals when there is no alternative.

Cancer patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. We believe that all our research is vital if we are to save the lives of more patients in the future.

Cancer Research UK is a member of the Association of Medical Research Charities and endorses the AMRC's position on the use of animals in medical research. We are a signatory to the Concordat on Openness on Animal Research which sets out how organisations report the use of animals in scientific, medical and veterinary research in the UK.
Donate or not according to your own moral stance, however please stop trying to derail this thread into a debate about government conspiracies.

bumpee bumpee

A bump is deserved :)

Thank you to the 44 wonderful people who have donated so far! You have helped me to raise over £500 (against a target of £1000) for Cancer Research UK, a deserving charity that funds scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner.

As we made it to the half way mark, I am releasing 2 of the 4 plugins for free, for everyone.

loophole – midi loop player – download here (84 MB)
Impakter – vintage drum module – download here (15 MB)

These are both 32 bit Windows VST, previously only available to buy. More info on these plugins is here

If more generous people donate enough to reach £1000, then I will release the other two
Slix – randomising loop slicer
Erratic 2 – drum sample player

If you didn’t already donate but wish to do so, you can still help to beat cancer by donating via my JustGiving page – https://www.justgiving.com/de-la-mancha/

The great thing about using JustGiving is that your donation goes directly to Cancer Research UK, so you can be certain that all funds will put to good use. I don’t see, handle or earn any money from this.

Please, please, please, please, please, consider any small donation you can make, it will go directly to Cancer Research UK who fund scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner. They receive no government funding and rely on donations.

If you have ever used and liked any of my free plugins in the past, please consider my request for this small gesture to a cause I believe in and brings hope to humanity of beating this disease one day.

Many thousands of people have downloaded and used my freeware, I simply ask that a small percentage of the good-hearted and community-spirited amongst you support my cause in return. Thank you.

I read the other day that even dinosaurs already had cancer :o So I doubt it will ever disappear. Actually, everyone has cancer, but most people's bodies manage to keep it under control so they never know they got cancer.
But as we get older the body becomes weaker and cancer is more and more likely to spread and become a disease and problem. Given our immense life expectancy it is all but natural that cancer figures explode.
And certain life styles and environmental issues don't help, either. It would be easy to stop those, but society doesn't want to. So people keep their unhealthy habits, companies keep polluting the environment...

Just saying...

Cancer is also a product of evolution so it don't think it will disappear either.

But many types of cancer now, like pancreatic, is so mean that it is basically too late to do anything about it when a bearer notices pain in the tummy :(

Cancer research can contribute a lot to making the numbers of survivors higher.

I relation to the theme of this topic, I would like to mention that the latest Marillion newsletter carries a story about Ian Mosley participating in the DrumBeat2014 charity event:

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/ianmosley1

Giving this thread another well deserved bump

Got the latest Marillion newsletter, they will soon release their x-mas CD

Costing £10 of which £1 from each CD sold goes to The Teenage Cancer Trust.

www.marillion.com/shop/albums/recycledgifts.htm

basslinemaster wrote:Except you won't be "help[ing] fight cancer", and nobody will be saved, because the 'research' is a giant cash cow for all those who work at Cancer Research UK. 43 years since the start of the 'war on cancer' and we are no nearer a cure - how is that possible if all those hundreds of billions of pounds of 'research' have been on the right track?
One reason is that people don't follow clear advice that research has provided:
Q: What are the long-term benefits of quitting smoking?

A: Quitting smoking reduces the risk of cancer and other diseases, such as heart disease and COPD, caused by smoking. People who quit smoking, regardless of their age, are less likely than those who continue to smoke to die from smoking-related illness
To discover the health risks of tobacco smoking, it was necessary with funding for research.

Too bad many people are too stupid to follow the advice and not quitting.

Loophole and Impakter got release, as half the mark was reached

https://delamanchavst.wordpress.com/201 ... way-there/

Return to “Instruments”