Orchestra VST "ready to play"?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bladerunner1962 wrote:I bought directly the full version for 146€ instead the cheap Classic Edition for 64€.
Wasn't IK Groupbuy a few Days ago? Where you got MSO (+ all of their other VI, alltogether five instruments) for around 60 bucks or less?

I would say that was bad timing..

sonokinetic wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote: At least the sonokentic line they say they are phrases.
Just to clarify, Da Capo is a multi sampled instrument, and not phrases
Thank you for clarifying. Yes, I was referring to Vivace and should have made that clear in my post.

What I was meaning to say is that Sonoknetic at least gives us the information we need to make an intelligent buying decision. Thank you for that!

Happy Musiking!
dsan

sebaden wrote:
Bladerunner1962 wrote:I bought directly the full version for 146€ instead the cheap Classic Edition for 64€.
Wasn't IK Groupbuy a few Days ago? Where you got MSO (+ all of their other VI, alltogether five instruments) for around 60 bucks or less?

I would say that was bad timing..
THX for the too late info :-)
Obvouisly as I started again research Orchestra VST and
made my decision...we timing was really bad.
The offer you named I didn't found within IK Multimedia.
5 VSTi from IK Multimedia for only 60€....incredible offer, then
you will actual have a look to their shop offers and see the prices
for each single VSTi.

So....after playing around with my new Miroslav Philharmonik since
2 days, my impressions:

- a lot of ready combis to play...which means, ready structured orchestras
>>> this was what I'm looking for before
- in comparison to my Garritan Personal Orchestra the Philharmonik is much more
easy to handle
- the sound/sample quality...I guess I have to play some further days around
with the Philharmonik....until now I'm not so much impressed or surprised :-)

I know that this post is old but I'll respond anyway. In early 2013, I was desperately searching for better orchestral sounds, (as much as I love Native Instruments, they're orchestra string plugins leave much to be desired) and googled the best vests for such. I came across Garritan, which had it's on player, but I was used to Kontakt, and didn't want to start over. I had the same problem when I came across East West, and Vienna Symphonic orch. But then I saw some one mention Spitfire audio in a forum. I went to the page and listened to the demos and was hooked. I purchased a number of their plugins, and they loaded right into Kontakt 5. I would recommended the Albion series, because they have presets for high and low strings, woodwinds, and orchestral horns. They are a little expensive at just over three hundred for each, but its worth it for what they come with. Now you have to know something about key splitting, but the highs strings are mixed with Violins/violas, and the lows, Cellos and Basses. The other instruments are the same concept. But If you use the omni setting in Kontakt, you can control the expression, as well as the dynamics. Hope this helped
iMac i3, iPod Touch 4G, Garage Band, Reason 3, Hopefully soon, Logic Studio 9 Spectrasonics RMX Xpanded,Cinematic Guitars, Vir2 Electri6ity

http://bigcatinstruments.blogspot.it/20 ... vstis.html ... Free... Or...

Big Fish Audio Prosonus Orchestral Collection... Payware... Oldie but very usefull and realistic...

BBFG# wrote:Garritan Personal & Pocket Orchestras disappointed me also.
However, for quick gratification of my needs, Garritan Instant Orchestra takes care of it. I do like MSO also as it has a different 'character' in its sampling makeup and sometimes mix those two pretty quickly for a rounded world orchestra.
+1 :tu:
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

Return to “Instruments”