Ever get the feeling yer working fulltime updating and housekeeping the box?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No not really, I feel there's not enough cool stuff even with the thousands of good ones. Every developer should exhaust every possible usable idea they have.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Sweeping the dojo is part of the karate lesson too.

(And honestly, no, I don't do very much maintenance/updating on my machine.)

What happens to my box in the privacy of my own home is my business and no one else's!

Well, as far as I've heard, gentlemen prefer a clean box.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Does anyone have anymore karate tips? I am on Windows 3.1 legacy
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

The latest version of MS DOS will keep your roundhouse kick tuned up for certain...

I just ran the repair tool for my Samsung 840 EVO SSD. Only took 7 hours to run, and now my $500 sample drive went back from about 25MB/s to nearly 300 MB/s read speeds. At least there was a fix and it was provided relatively quickly. I doubt I spent more than 12 hours of my copious free time total tracking down the problem and searching for the solution, then running the software fix (after waiting several days for it to be released). On the up side, Komplete 10 Ultimate will be on my porch tomorrow, so I can do the upgrade from K9U. :party:

:phones:

robojam wrote:What happens to my box in the privacy of my own home is my business and no one else's!
You better not be snooping 'round MY box!!!! :x

:lol: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I'm running Sonar version 5 on Win XP... so, actually... nope.
Though I've spent some couple of hours hooking up another SSD recently (looks like I was lucky piking Crucial over Samsung, after all), most of that time I used to figure out how to boot up gparted live cd, to get it initialized, dang linux refused to display on my monitor.

There are many boxes but this one is mine!! :borg:
digitalboytn wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Get the system stable.

Use it.

Update when critical.
:tu:
Words of wisdom indeed :wink:
+!1

I only really update or change anything when something is lacking.
The host is the only thing I stay fully updated on.
I almost try not to even see changelogs for simple tools that already work because my subconscious will bug me until I install updates.
ImageImageImageImage

rustman wrote:There is quite a bit of science backing the theory that people who work in "messy" environments by choice tend to be the brightest, most creative, most successful, most productive, most...
Most frustrated?

I enjoy making a mess while I'm creating, but for many things I need to have a good organized system in place. If things aren't organized for me I often get overwhelmed and this means i usually get nothing done at all.

lately I've done research on narrowing down to getting plugins that cover the basics for me. I don't like having a shit load of plugins now because it kills my creativity. I want to be able to open up my DAW and know exactly what it is i am going to do so this way i can just focus on my music. It took a while but I am happy with what i have and will be eventually getting.

My hat goes off to those who can function well in a chaotic environment.

As far as updating my software goes, most of the stuff I own is super stable. I did own a few unstable plugins but I gave up on using them and they are mostly collecting dust since they are NFR. One nice thing about having a very small amount of plugins is that updating them is quick and easy.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
:borg:

Why fight the entropy, man?
ImageImageImageImage

Unless the update addresses a specific problem I am having I leave well enough alone.

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”