Thoughts on CamelPhat?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fair point...

Numanoid wrote:
jc_vt wrote:essentially yes, the same capabilities are there, but not designed to use for external audio, just Alchemy sounds
I know, but I wouldn't want to pay for them "twice" anyhow :oops:

With almost 1500 patches to play with in Alchemy, I feel I have enough ammunition to put Phat/Space to good use on there.

Numanoid wrote:With almost 1500 patches to play with in Alchemy, I feel I have enough ammunition to put Phat/Space to good use on there.
it's funny, 'cause i always used 'phat' and 'space' on tracks. for mixing etc. the only time i ever used 'space' on live input, was on live guitar parts.this track had a few instances of 'space' and 'phat', if i remember correctly :

https://soundcloud.com/el-bo/9-mellow

either way, these plugs have much more use than to stick on the end of a synth patch

of course, if you have no need then no problem. but i think it's a shame not to try 'phat' in a mixing session. it's one of those plugs that is greater than the sum of it's parts; no one module will replace your high-end mixing tools, but it's a great as a set of quick tools to use to impart lots of flavour or sound design elements

the only thing i really don't like is the colour :scared:

sold due to necessity. one day i will rebuy it

Numanoid wrote:I tried out CamelSpace demo recently, and one thing I didn't like was the small GUI

If the same is the case with CamelPhat, it takes fun off the hands on experience
I absolutely love the Camelspace GUI. :love:
[Insert Signature Here]

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:either way, these plugs have much more use than to stick on the end of a synth patch
How is that? They cannot generate sound by themselves so logically they must be stuck at the output of an instrument patch to be used.

Numanoid wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:either way, these plugs have much more use than to stick on the end of a synth patch
How is that? They cannot generate sound by themselves so logically they must be stuck at the output of an instrument patch to be used.
you still seem unable to see past your own limited needs i.e as an effect at the end of a synth patch. as i said in my post, they make great mixing tools, and so could be used on audio tracks, buses etc, and don't only exist to "be stuck at the output of an instrument patch"

I'm definitely on the bigger UI bandwagon. They're big enough to be useable, but a bigger option would be nice too. I own everything that Camel Audio makes, and I'm pleased with it all. I would love to see all of their stuff get higher rez graphics so that everything is sharp rather than having fuzzy edges. They could definitely take a queue from U-he in that respect. As for the sound of Phat- there's a whole spectrum of sounds there in between the min and max knob settings. I'm not a distortion affecianado but it seems to be flexible and certainly fatten up analog sounds into something completely new and nasty.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

also a fan of CPhat - though for the filters and compression more than the distortions which don't sound "bad" by any means . . . the lfo-driven filters are brilliant imho
- great presets to start twiddling with
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:as i said in my post, they make great mixing tools, and so could be used on audio tracks, buses etc, and don't only exist to "be stuck at the output of an instrument patch"
So why did you sell it? :?

I bought CamelSpace from Audiodeluxe, so it was almost half-off with both the sale and site discount. Ran different kinds of loops through it. It's teh sex. If you don't have it, go get it now.

Heres my thoughts on Camelphat - its a must get plugin.

I finally succumbed and bought it, too (at jrrshop for ~38€), although after demoing it first I was skeptical whether I'd really use it more than the free camel crusher, which already is great and has the benefit of ease of use. But the price was definitely right and that magic EQ and the other options are quite cool, although personally I could do without so many filter types. Too much choice...

Return to “Effects”