Arturia iProphet

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Prophet VS on the iPad, baby! :hyper: Get it:

http://www.arturia.com/products/ipad-sy ... t/overview

That looks wicked - I wish they would update the plugin versions with graphics like that.

Why get it, it's just a toy innit, why would it else be so cheap? :shrug:

Doesn't actually seem to be in the Appstore yet.

I see it up there now
Numanoid wrote:Why get it, it's just a toy innit, why would it else be so cheap? :shrug:
Because its price is consistent with other ipad synths, they cant just start asking 100-200 out of leftfield because that is what a vst goes for and realistically expect to sell any at all. It doesnt matter how many glowing reviews a product may have, putting something up that costs 10x more than the competitors wont sell at all, especially in such a small market as tablet music software

That being said, every synth/effect/daw is a toy to me no matter the platform, I never expect to use anything professionally, so its a nice change of pace when my toy prices drop drastically since they are ipad apps vs wanting something that costs 100-200 because that is what the market bears.

ezelkow1 wrote:Because its price is consistent with other ipad synths, they cant just start asking 100-200 out of leftfield because that is what a vst goes for and realistically expect to sell any at all.
So they sell it under value.

A chip on my shoulder is that Arturia (and others for that matter) use money earned on PC/Mac software to make dirt cheap iPad apps. So PC/Mac users are paying "overprice" so iPad users can get stuff for "underprice" :help:

Why under value? What is its value? If you sell 100 times as much apps as you sold VSTi's, then it's a good deal for you. As said, it's another market. You can't charge 100€, because it's not in line with the prices of other companies, or similar apps. Apps in general are much cheaper than desktop computer software. But you often have a much larger audience too so.

From the sonic state newsletter

"
Pricing and Availability:
Owners of Apple iPad 3 or above can purchase and directly download iProphet from Apple's App Store for €8.99 EUR/8€ or bundled with iMini -- Arturia's award-winning Minimoog emulation app for iPad 2 or above -- for 13€ (representing around a 15% saving).
"

... can anyone find said bundle?
:hug:

chk071 wrote:Why under value? What is its value? If you sell 100 times as much apps as you sold VSTi's, then it's a good deal for you. As said, it's another market. You can't charge 100€, because it's not in line with the prices of other companies, or similar apps. Apps in general are much cheaper than desktop computer software. But you often have a much larger audience too so.
Where you answering my post?

I have bought Arturia gear for something like €500+ over the years. I do not use iPad, I use PC.

So they take that money and use some of it to develop dirt cheap iPad plugs.

As someone without an iPad those iPad apps has as much value to me as a cafe on the moon.

Numanoid wrote: As someone without an iPad those iPad apps has as much value to me as a cafe on the moon.
Then why are you in the Mobile Apps forum?

Anyway, worth noting that this is strictly the VS wavetable synth, not the 5/VS hybrid that's on the desktop. Might pick this up anyway as I've never really played with the VS component and it'd be fun to screw around with on the train.

Numanoid wrote: I have bought Arturia gear for something like €500+ over the years. I do not use iPad, I use PC.

So they take that money and use some of it to develop dirt cheap iPad plugs.
Well, they also take that money to advertise, and to be present on music tradeshows, and other stuff which is not at all useful to you. You always have to see the bigger picture, and, as said, it's another market too. Apart from that, they don't have to write the app from the groundup. They take the stripped Prohet engine, build a new GUI with touch support around it, and that was it. Not really a big deal i guess.

Crackbaby wrote:From the sonic state newsletter

"
Owners of Apple iPad 3 or above can purchase and directly download iProphet from Apple's App Store for €8.99 EUR/8€ or bundled with iMini -- Arturia's award-winning Minimoog emulation app for iPad 2 or above -- for 13€ (representing around a 15% saving).
"

It won't play on iPad 2? Crap!

aMUSEd wrote:
Crackbaby wrote:From the sonic state newsletter

"
"

It won't play on iPad 2? Crap!
Not according to Arturia's details page on it - minimum iPad 2 running iOS 6.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

For those who want to know it works fine with an Ipad2 running IOS7 (just bought it).

Hey synthesists,

Here's my take on the latest virtual look back at 80's synths:

https://soundcloud.com/ned-bouhalassa/g ... ophet-demo

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”