A song from the depths of a lonely depression

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, here's a song I've been working on that I want to portray depression gained from being alone. It is extremely dubstep influenced, but that's how my mind wondered while creating it. I apologize if that's not your cup of tea. I'll be working with some buddies in a band to add some jazz and blues elements to the parts before and after the drops. I'm thinking of adding a decent amount of atmosphere to the recording of the drums so it feels as though the listener's listening to a band play on a covered deck while a thunderstorm is going on. Maybe have a few lighting strikes smack in with a few of the snare hits and thunder rumbles with the kick...or bass recordings. Not sure yet. I'll probably accent the hi hats/percs with water droplets to ad an interesting texture. The guitar will probably be placed somewhere closer than the drums. I want the guitar to be the main focus that keeps the listener gliding through the song. I was thinking of doing some phasing to eventually swirl the guitar around the listeners head. but again I'm not entirely sure, I'll be meeting with the band in a week or so. Anyway, here's the song thus far. Let me know what you think of stereo placements of the basses' textured sounds and the depth of those textures. I'm attempting to make those basses sound like electricity with a liquidy underlying feel. If you have any critiques with anything let me know.

https://soundcloud.com/ayaosa/pushing-still-a-wip
Create.

I like the atmospheric elements. The female aaah sample works well. Keep going!

Return to “Music Cafe”