Hi, my name is ____ and I haven't bought a synth in ___ days

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Over 6 months, and have sold or given 15-20 away.
(With more to eliminate, and less impressed with anything being released at the moment).

Like 2 days :/ Komplete Elements has quite a few synths in it.

The way I see it, my coworkers buy beer and I buy VSTs. I want to write a song called "I spend my beer money on comic books and VSTs" :hihi: VSTs last longer and are healthier.

If you're here, and you're not just lurking, then you have a problem. You know you do.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

I've never bought a single plugin and almost definitely never will.

:hyper:
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

aciddose wrote:I've never bought a single plugin and almost definitely never will.

:hyper:
Yeah,cause you're only buying the big bundles. :hihi:
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Hi, my name is Daniel and I haven't bought a synth in 21 days (Iris).

...at which point I was given a customer loyalty coupon and just bought RX4 (not a synth, but still). And now Serum is here to tempt me! I need to just realize that there will ALWAYS be something I want on sale - otherwise I will continue "saving myself broke."

I can quit anytime I want. I just don't feel like it right now. :D

Abstinence is a virt.... ah, f*ck it.

I keep telling myself I don't need any more VSTi's and then those damn 50% off deals come along.... Hello GForce Virtual String Machine + Expansion :party: :help:
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Too lazy to count the days, but it was Alchemy at the 50% sale last year.

I'm really tempted by ACE now.

And I really want a real analogue hw synth, Pulse 2 or MS-20 Mini.

It's not really about the synths at this point...
It's about the sample libraries.

Wading through the sea of bland and pointless EDM market manipulators to find those few and far between 'gems'... We have a bit of the MR blasting for attention going on right now. Quite easy to dismiss and pass on those. (And even if they do turn out as special and superior to all others as they push them now, there'll be a good percentage of them being dumped in the market place soon enough.)

This new 'Real Rick' looks interesting.
Still holding out for a better Pianoteq sale.
Getting ready for NI Ultimate 10.

(I don't have GAS, I have a Bundle Disorder). :D

Hi, my name is Sami and I haven't bought a synth in 3 days.

But unlike you lot I'm in control, I can stop whenever I want. :lol:
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBFG# wrote:It's not really about the synths at this point...
It's about the sample libraries.

Wading through the sea of bland and pointless EDM market manipulators to find those few and far between 'gems'... We have a bit of the MR blasting for attention going on right now. Quite easy to dismiss and pass on those. (And even if they do turn out as special and superior to all others as they push them now, there'll be a good percentage of them being dumped in the market place soon enough.)

This new 'Real Rick' looks interesting.
Still holding out for a better Pianoteq sale.
Getting ready for NI Ultimate 10.

(I don't have GAS, I have a Bundle Disorder). :D
Same here, bought Callipe (general rompler) on sale like two weeks ago (and I have not even tried it, yet, because I haven't had a chance to download Kontakt Player and now in addition to that my midi controller ceased to work), but can't remember the last time I bought a synth. I mean, how many synths does one need to make music? One good synth should do for years. Maybe I will get a new-generation synth in 2017 or so in case this computer bites the dust and I have to get a new, read much more powerful, one anyway.

The only synth I bought in 2014 was Dune 2

My recent temptations:
Serum - I must resist, my Massive does basically the same things;
Electra2 - I must resist, my Dune 2 does basically the same things;
Blue2 - I must resist, my FM8 does basically the same things;
Spectral - I must resist, my Razor and Harmor do basically the same things;
That Melda Synth - I must resist, ugly GUI, stupid name;
Bazille - I must resist, enough U-he in my life;
New Komplete synths - I must resist, they build these things in Reaktor, that's not fair!

Look, this is really easy!
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”