Aphex Twin - Syro

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
[decipher] wrote:he mentioned the songs are basically old songs that he just fixed up for this (and more) album(s)
So he basically is in need for quick money to pay alimony?
:lol:
He isn't divorced from his wife ...
A-ha! But obviously she is pushing him to rake in dosh nevertheless :D

My wife will be calling me, "Rich!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
[decipher] wrote:he mentioned the songs are basically old songs that he just fixed up for this (and more) album(s)
So he basically is in need for quick money to pay alimony?
:lol:

He isn't divorced from his wife ...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... g-20140903

>>>> ;)
Which wife? I heard he was an interstellar alien who came here to teach the plebes how to make a noise. He is said to have 10 wives on every known planet that has life. He admits to saying the single-celled life forms put out the best.

picked up the 24 bit wavs from bleep.com last night. played it through traktor on my Yamaha HS7 monitors and it sounded crisp.

really like the album aswell. might dig out my Druqks CD and give that a whirl again.

ntom wrote:Which wife? I heard he was an interstellar alien who came here to teach the plebes how to make a noise. He is said to have 10 wives on every known planet that has life. He admits to saying the single-celled life forms put out the best.
I guess there must have been somebody around eventually, that prevented him making a follow up to "Come on you slags" :hihi:

I never listened to this guy but from what I've heard of this album, it's just bunch of non-hooky nonsense. Not danceable in the least bit and that's what people look for in electronic music otherwise it's just boring.

deathwish wrote:I never listened to this guy but from what I've heard of this album, it's just bunch of non-hooky nonsense. Not danceable in the least bit and that's what people look for in electronic music otherwise it's just boring.
:dog:

deathwish wrote:Not danceable in the least bit and that's what people look for in electronic music otherwise it's just boring.
not sure if sir richard of james aimed for this to be danced to by the lowest common denominator........boring dance music is boring :roll: :roll:

deathwish wrote:I never listened to this guy but from what I've heard of this album, it's just bunch of non-hooky nonsense. Not danceable in the least bit and that's what people look for in electronic music otherwise it's just boring.
You're probably at the first encounters with non club electronic music. But, as the Twin said, it's the right way that people start with the more accessible electronic stuff and hopefully they will get to his music someday.

e@rs wrote: You're probably at the first encounters with non club electronic music. But, as the Twin said, it's the right way that people start with the more accessible electronic stuff and hopefully they will get to his music someday.
The irony here is that AFX is "the more accessible electronic stuff".
I guess the chart exposure and MTV videos help.

I'm talking about the music itself, not the exposure or notoriety of the artist. And even in that department, Avicii, Guetta or Skrillex beat him big time.

I'm talkng about his music. In the UK at least, he used to be one of the artists that you'd hear at student unions and the kind of pubs/clubs that play a mix of music and don't play a specific genre all night. He'd be one of the first artists many people getting into electronic music would listen to before getting into other stuff.

And this was all before anyone had heard of Avicii or Skrillex. "EDM" hadn't happened when AFX was getting popular.

Omigod. What an idiot.
Like comparing jazz with rock.
Hilarious.

Acid Mitch wrote:He'd be one of the first artists many people getting into electronic music would listen to before getting into other stuff.
:o I know for sure that in my case Aphex was far down the road.

And we are at 'Syro' chapter, what he said in a interview not older than a few months and what artists he competes these days. Not what it used to be back in the days.

metamorphosis wrote:
Omigod. What an idiot.
Like comparing jazz with rock.
Hilarious.
Ouch! Maybe a little too harsh?

The impression I get from this album (as with most of his stuff) is that you have this guy with a million ideas and a million more bits of gear and, unfortunately, he's decided to use them all at once. And I fecking hate random bleep chopped up glitch crap.

But I do think he's good because somehow he still manages to get me to keep listening.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”