Is there a vst synth in 64 Bit like logics sculpture?(Windows 7)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is there a physical modelling synth like logics sculpture with the following functions which are extremly nice:

1.a moprh pad to morph between different settings
2.the materials glass, wood, metal and nylon, between which you can set a mixture
3.different trigger modes like blow, Impuls, Noise and pick and many more

Is there any synth out there with this functions?
I know Reaktors Spark but it has not many trigger objects and it also dont have 1. and 2.

Someone has a idea?

Nothing close, Modelonia was the closest but still a long way off and now discontinued. Chromaphone is good but only covers a fraction of what Sculpture can do (although arguably better at what it does) and no morphing unless you use it in NI Kore 2 as I do (I have made morphing Kore templates for both these plugins)

Reaktor Prism and Steampipe are both good and again can do some preset morphing using Reaktor morphing or in Kore.

steampipe 1 or 2?

XOXOS has a range of modelling plugins highly worth checking out.
No morphing though.

http://www.xoxos.net/vst/vst.html

you could try this for morphing between parameters of your chosen synth

http://d3ck.net/middy/

Audiomulch has built in morphing bewtween multiple presets linked to a VST of your choice, great fun

Of course therell now be a debate as to what constitutes morphing :p
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Sorry, just realised you want 64bit, those VST I mentioned arent but Audiomulch is

In Sculpture is also a step sequencer with which you can change the state of parameters step wise.

I have found AAS Chromaphone, does it come somewhere near sculpture? I dont know because the demo is not working here...

There MUST be somewhere a synth like sculpture! (Or not?)

crazyfiltertweaker wrote:In Sculpture is also a step sequencer with which you can change the state of parameters step wise.

I have found AAS Chromaphone, does it come somewhere near sculpture? I dont know because the demo is not working here...

There MUST be somewhere a synth like sculpture! (Or not?)
No step sequencer in Chromaphone, I use 3rd party plugs to take care of that.
It covers some of the ground that Sculpture offers but no where near as much control or flexibility.

No there isnt anything 'like' Sculpture in VST format for windows.

Youre closest bet currently is Tassman.

There is also Steam for Reaktor.

If you can get hold of a Yamaha mu100r that has a mono version of their VL70.

And I forget which version but the old Yamaha software synth S-YXG or somesuch also had this mono version of the VL70 algos in it.
I tried in vain many years ago to get this working under an OS newer that Win98 but had no luck after much searching and tweaking

AAS String Studio can get you the string type sounds from Sculpture. God why hasn't someone made an exact copy of sculpture and then added new features. :(

Sculpture is something I've been trying to replace since I started using Live sometimes instead of Logic about 8 years ago. I found that Zebra and String Studio somewhat filled the spot for me. And then later Chromaphone even better. Between those three and Prism I've been able to let go even though none of them are quite the same.

And yet, it's amazing how underrated it is. The unsung hero of the Logic toolbox. :)

It is a pity, that there is no alternative for this extremely powerful plugin, nowhere.

I have searched until now since this thread started but there is really NO alternative! I cant believe!

VariKusBrainZ wrote: No step sequencer in Chromaphone, I use 3rd party plugs to take care of that. It covers some of the ground that Sculpture offers but no where near as much control or flexibility.

No there isnt anything 'like' Sculpture in VST format for windows.

Youre closest bet currently is Tassman.

There is also Steam for Reaktor.

If you can get hold of a Yamaha mu100r that has a mono version of their VL70.

And I forget which version but the old Yamaha software synth S-YXG or somesuch also had this mono version of the VL70 algos in it.
I tried in vain many years ago to get this working under an OS newer that Win98 but had no luck after much searching and tweaking
Besides Chromaphone, AAS also have String Studio (recently updated - EDIT SWallace beat me to this :) ), which uses string models, and you can go even deeper in the physical modeling with Tassman. But, in fact, there is nothing like Sculpture outside Logic Studio (Sculpture is not just Mac only, it is exclusive to Logic Studio and Mainstage), which is not only surprising, considering it's age, but also a pity.
Fernando (FMR)

Xoxos has made some cool phys mod plugins that can make some wild sounds

M-Theory by Ugo, but only 32 bit unfortunately

http://www.ugoaudio.com/index.php/vst-plugins

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Sculpture is something I've been trying to replace since I started using Live sometimes instead of Logic about 8 years ago. I found that Zebra and String Studio somewhat filled the spot for me. And then later Chromaphone even better. Between those three and Prism I've been able to let go even though none of them are quite the same.
I have Sculpture also, and I find String Studio and Chromaphone plus Zebra to cover what it does well enough. I'd still be happy to have a few more physical modeling synths just for the variety and would purchase Sculpture if it were sold separately.

Return to “Instruments”