Computer Music Special 68 with faulty archives in vault

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure where to post this.

Has anybody succesfully downloaded the following three zip archives from vault ?
Ultimate Percussion, Undercover, Western World

I tried it multiple times but get CRC errors in each of the three archives. Already connected their support several days ago and received a reply that there was an error on their site and that they corrected it. That was two days ago. But I still have the same download problem.

Did anybody else have this problem?

Thanks,

I can confirm this problem. I downloaded those 3 archives several times some days ago and everytime I got CRC errors when extracting.
Will re-download this this evening and check if the problem is still there.
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

Thanks.

House Track-Builder .zip file from the latest Computer Music Issue 209, Autumn 2014 was also faulty but it seems to be fixed now.

Here are the dates and file sizes as reference :

Code: Select all

549,428,970 Sep  2 15:26 UltimatePercussion.zip
   840,793,993 Sep  2 15:31 Undercover.zip
 1,996,774,631 Sep  2 15:29 WesternWorld.zip
And the MD5 checksums :

bbbbba24b732507f27ed8d277b42850f  UltimatePercussion.zip
d6743482a90c7bac42ecfacb74fcf361  Undercover.zip
517c59c6771a39fc39d74c40afb554e0  WesternWorld.zip
Thanks,

Seems that they are reusing old sample packs ... ;)

Western World was already published in Issue 193, Undercover was published in Issue 203. So if you have it in your vault you can download an errorless version from there.

2,031,997,540,835 Oct  9  2013 Western_World_samples.zip
      842,020,588 Mar 27 10:54 Undercover.zip

fa2103ea4ece069f3a912ff896ab875d  Western_World_samples.zip
90adb93209041cfa71e3fef8df8431c2  Undercover.zip
Ultimate Percussion is from Issue 179, July 2012 . Sadly back then there was no vault, so I don't have it in there... ;(

Anybody has this issue and cand send me this file from the DVD ?

Thanks,

Maybe PM Lee CM with this issue ?

Redownloaded Ultimate Percussion, Undercover, Western World and they still have CRC issues.
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

That's the reply I got from their support :
I have looked into the issue you have found with these files. There appears to be no problem with the Vault, as testing has found it is functioning properly. Unfortunately the files you have highlighted do appear to be corrupted. They appear to be variants of other sounds available in the download, sadly there is nothing I can do in order to get them uploaded again. If you would like I can forward you onto the magazine and to see if there is anyway of getting the files from them.

sadly there is nothing I can do in order to get them uploaded again. .
Why not?

This makes me think of the time I called IKEA and asked them if they did home deliveres, and they told me no on the phone.

But when I went to the local IKEA warehouse, of course they could drive whatever I bought home to me.

How difficult can it be to replace a corrupted file, with a working one, on a server? Of course it can be done.

Magazines?....oh yes I remember those,the internet started and I forgot all about them,they tell me NOTHING that I can't find for free :hihi:
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Can anyone tell me if The Great Outdoors sample pack includes raw nature sounds?

That's in the Autumn Issue ... ;)
http://www.psychomix.org/dl/files.lst

I got the mag myself, as it comes with 30GB of samples :o :love:

Added the issue to my CM vault.

Haven't started downloading yet as I want to check out what I already got of the contents. But obviously that vault needs to work, as even those who buy the mag in print edition will need to access the vault, as 30GB can't fit on a DVD.

Hi all,

Apologies for the unhelpful reply from our Support team. The files can be replaced and fixed on Vault – just not by the Support guys. I'll check it out and work on a fix.

In the meantime, until it's fixed, please PM me if you are having trouble with those files and I'll help you out.

Best regards,

Lee du-Caine
Editor
Computer Music

Thanks.

Lee702 wrote:Can anyone tell me if The Great Outdoors sample pack includes raw nature sounds?

Is that sample pack included with CM Special 68 ?

These are the pack I see in the CM Vault for this issue:

1000 Drum Samples
Aquatic Adventures
Bass Boutique
Blockbuster
Drum n Bass
Dubstep
Epic Fantasy
Ethnic Textures
Heavy Industry
Hip-Hop
Minimal House