Anyone seen these yet?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://tascam.com/product/us-2x2/
http://tascam.com/product/us-4x4/

I'm anxious to see the first reviews. They look very promising with good specs.

I'm not excited, but you can't blame me, change "these" in your thread title.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

Shy wrote:I'm not excited, but you can't blame me, change "these" in your thread title.
It sounds like you've had a bad experience with Tascam products. Why change "these"? It's two different configurations.

So that the title wouldn't be completely undescriptive, as "these" could mean just about anything, obviously. For example, "Anyone seen the new Tascam audio/MIDI interfaces yet?"
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

No, but I love This plugin.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Shy wrote:So that the title wouldn't be completely undescriptive, as "these" could mean just about anything
exactly! i came here hoping to see boobies! :hyper:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
Shy wrote:So that the title wouldn't be completely undescriptive, as "these" could mean just about anything
Well, if you find any "hardware" boobies please let me know. Those I'd like to see!

I think I did hear about those-but I've heard a lot bad about Tascam interfaces, and you usually can get a reliable one for a bit more. Can't say if any of that is fact, I'm just more likely to get something known to work well.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:I think I did hear about those-but I've heard a lot bad about Tascam interfaces, and you usually can get a reliable one for a bit more. Can't say if any of that is fact, I'm just more likely to get something known to work well.
Noted. I've read some bad reviews myself about Tascam interfaces. When I saw these, I thought they looked really cool, and also looked good on paper. Although I need a new interface, I wouldn't purchase one of these without first reading some realistic reviews. If I could afford it, I'd go RME.

rcat wrote:
RunBeerRun wrote:I think I did hear about those-but I've heard a lot bad about Tascam interfaces, and you usually can get a reliable one for a bit more. Can't say if any of that is fact, I'm just more likely to get something known to work well.
Noted. I've read some bad reviews myself about Tascam interfaces. When I saw these, I thought they looked really cool, and also looked good on paper. Although I need a new interface, I wouldn't purchase one of these without first reading some realistic reviews. If I could afford it, I'd go RME.

A big red flag is that these are "brand new from the ground up drivers." Maybe they think that's a selling point, but, I'd wait until they're out in the field before I would take a chance on them.

layzer wrote:

There you go !
:borg:

Well, it's good to see that at least somebody besides UA is making small form factor TB interfaces. Unfortunately, the Tascam stuff doesn't really impress me.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

deastman wrote:No, but I love This plugin.
I prefer that one. :D

rcat wrote:Well, if you find any "hardware" boobies please let me know. Those I'd like to see!
The software emulations just don't cut it in my opinion. Hardware gives you much more of a hands-on experience.

Love the way they make a feature of using NE5532 amp chips. They are certainly good enough for most audio jobs, but by no means "boutique". They're fairly cheap and have been around for ages. RME use generic amps too I heard somewhere (TL0xx?)

For Windows it says "simple driver adds ASIO..." So, it's class compliant with something like ASIO4ALL wrapper?

I find a lot to like though, especially the 4x4. Separate headphone and main volume controls is something some of competition lacks.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”