Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver LFOTool

Lemmy Koopa wrote:
hibidy wrote:O
M
G!

Has anyone tried the "wham" yet? :hyper: This is as close to the real thing as I've heard!!!!!!
Is that the whammy pedal? Personally, half of me understand wanting to recreate the whammy, another part of me thinks it should try to be better than the whammy in terms of polyphony and quality of the sound of pitch shifting
It's sick. You can have it dropped and play CHORDS........yes you heard that right........CHORDS and there isn't all the nasty tracking issues. Best tracking I've heard and it's really cool (of course I have an expression pedal, it's not really fun I'd guess if you don't have one)

hibidy wrote:I think the "rat" isn't gonna happen anytime soon because there is such a wide pallet of hi-gain distortion.
:uhuhuh: The RAT is special; you must buy it now :hihi:

Not sure if the Part 2 video for "First Impressions" was posted yet: http://youtu.be/CexfCToalbI

8)

How is the cpu hit compared to amplitube ?

CPU is a mixed bag. For most rigs, it's average, but for dual rigs with effects, it can get CPU-hungry fast. You definitely pay a price for all this modeling. For me, it's worth it.

hibidy wrote:
Lemmy Koopa wrote:
hibidy wrote:O
M
G!

Has anyone tried the "wham" yet? :hyper: This is as close to the real thing as I've heard!!!!!!
Is that the whammy pedal? Personally, half of me understand wanting to recreate the whammy, another part of me thinks it should try to be better than the whammy in terms of polyphony and quality of the sound of pitch shifting
It's sick. You can have it dropped and play CHORDS........yes you heard that right........CHORDS and there isn't all the nasty tracking issues. Best tracking I've heard and it's really cool (of course I have an expression pedal, it's not really fun I'd guess if you don't have one)
There was PitchWheel which tracks chords great and has formant preservation. It's possible to track without warble, at least not a lot, but usually it induces latency. The more latency the pitch shifter has to work with, the more room it has to judge a bit of a waveform to repitch and reshape it correctly.

blueman wrote:CPU is a mixed bag. For most rigs, it's average, but for dual rigs with effects, it can get CPU-hungry fast. You definitely pay a price for all this modeling. For me, it's worth it.
Can you get good, warm blues style (Mesa Boogie) amps with this?
I have an earlier version and its pretty edgy, no so great for the warmer stuff.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

try the Budda amps instead.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

...or a bunch of different heads in Amplitube. OT I know...

I have both, Revalver 4 and Amplitube, and there is no comparison. Revalver sounds so much more like a real amp recorded.

But I have a serious issue in Pro Tools.

Revalver 4 has recall issues in Pro Tools HD 11.2.1 on OSX 10.9.4. Whenever I reopen the session where Revalver 4 is inserted I have to disable plugin and enable it again for it to start working properly. Otherwise the RIR2 cabinet behaves like it is disabled, despite the fact that the power button for RIR cabinet is enabled.

jantex wrote:I have both, Revalver 4 and Amplitube, and there is no comparison. Revalver sounds so much more like a real amp recorded.
Different strokes I guess. I'm more with Sparky77 on previous versions of Revalver. Haven't tried R4 yet, too happy w AT and sometimes Scuffham for that to be a priority. Which means I should buzz off sharing opinions on this thread...

Yes, I have Scuffham as well and it is also superb. I don't know, it probably depends on musical styles, but for a british type of sound Amplitube iMHO doesn't cut it as it sounds always too fat and too wide, kind of overblown IMHO. It doesn't gell so well with live drums and bass. Of course, that is just my opinion.

for "too wide", you may want to play with Amplitube's cabinet section - there's a stereo width control in there, and a bunch of other things that could affect the perception.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Anyone has tried the tuner ? Am I the only one who has a hard time using it ? Moreover, my guitar tuning is B E A D G B...

yep, the tuner sucks balls. i have to fire up Amplitube to use tuner.

Return to “Effects”