Bladerunner would be forgettable without the soundtrack.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

budweiser wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I think that the movie is somewhat mediocre.
Oh god... time for glasses.
No, you just need a bigger TV set.

Well, frankly I don't remember Bladerunner soundtrack at all. What I remember best, is android girl doing some crazy fight gymnastics.

ghettosynth wrote:
budweiser wrote:
You'd better admit you're a bit low-ceilinged and unconcerned by poetry. Telling a movie with such a universal recognition is mediocre is such a stupid assertion that i allows me to insist... :D
Go watch transformers !

budweiser wrote:Telling a movie with such a universal recognition is mediocre is such a stupid assertion
Why? Majority is wrong most of the times.

Zombie Queen wrote:
budweiser wrote:Telling a movie with such a universal recognition is mediocre is such a stupid assertion
Why? Majority is wrong most of the times.
We're not talking about bon jovi.

I wonder what the remake will be like?
:borg:

Afaik, it won't be a remake, but a kind of sequel or prequel.

(Oh I'm going to regret this......I just KNOW it's going to flame hell)

I loved the movie. In fact, I loved really everything about the movie. The cinematography, the characters, the story, the special effects, the mystery. To me it's a complete sci-fi film. Top ten to be sure, probably not top 5 though.

The score definitely helped. It's terrific. I dare any one of you synth heads to try and create something that large/beautiful and inspiring :D :P

Ok, now I'm ready for my beating. Please, not the teeth, anything but the teeth!

hibidy wrote:(Oh I'm going to regret this......I just KNOW it's going to flame hell)

I loved the movie. In fact, I loved really everything about the movie. The cinematography, the characters, the story, the special effects, the mystery. To me it's a complete sci-fi film. Top ten to be sure, probably not top 5 though.

The score definitely helped. It's terrific. I dare any one of you synth heads to try and create something that large/beautiful and inspiring :D :P

Ok, now I'm ready for my beating. Please, not the teeth, anything but the teeth!
+1 :hug:

budweiser wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
budweiser wrote:
You'd better admit you're a bit low-ceilinged and unconcerned by poetry. Telling a movie with such a universal recognition is mediocre is such a stupid assertion that i allows me to insist... :D
Go watch transformers !
Assertions of opinion just are, on the other hand, assertions of logical conclusion that invoke fallacy, are, as you say, stupid.

Threads like this are great, they sort out quickly for me who has something of their own to say, and who doesn't.

To me, Blade Runner is the personification of "Cyberpunk" in 2040s, along with "Ghost in the Shell" (mind you, the manga and the TV show, thought he first movie was awesome - mid 2030s), Bubblegum Crisis and to some extend even Johnny Mnemonic. And I constantly miss this Danish Cyberpunk movie called "Skyggen" (aka "Webmaster").

It might not be top of the line anymore, but it's still watchable compared all these explosion and 3D green screen mania movies of today. You can't beat props, then the matte paining is just added bonus. Yes, I am looking at you, Star Wars "Remastered" and new movie versions!

What other movie can say that it's still good looking compared to modern day productions after over 30 years?

Wish I had the Blu-Ray box, not the DVD Extended Special Edition from a couple of years back. But back in the day, I didn't have a Blu-Ray player, and now only the plain "Directors Cut" BD is existing. But the specials and making offs with over 5-10 hours of length are worth it alone!

And to those, that thought the movie was crap - a summary:
http://youtu.be/7ILbDz7tTqU
(with profanity and the non directors cut ending)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote: What other movie can say that it's still good looking compared to modern day productions after over 30 years?
Compared to what? There are a lot of movies from that time frame that are enjoyable even today. If you mean modern day sci-fi productions then I think that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
And to those, that thought the movie was crap - a summary:
http://youtu.be/7ILbDz7tTqU
(with profanity and the non directors cut ending)
[/quote]

I don' think that anyone said that the movie was "crap", in particular, I said "somewhat mediocre." There are a lot of movies, at least for me, like this, I don't really think about watching them again until I forget them enough to warrant it.

Compyfox wrote:To me, Blade Runner is the personification of "Cyberpunk" in 2040s,
"Blade Runner" (1982) predates the first truly "cyberpunk" novel "Neuromancer" by 2 years.

More than anything else, "Blade Runner" visually harkens back to Fritz Lang's "Metropolis".

THAT is the genius of Syd Mead. Do a Google Image search on his work. (He also designed the colony in "Aliens".)

I know that, loved the 2 hours bonus documentary in the Blade Runner Collectors Box.

Similar concepts can be seen in Judge Dredd (1977 comics, Megacities), Bubblegum Crisis (1987), early works by Masamune Shirow (1983 until 1991) and SIN (game plays in 2030s, movie plays in way too dark 2070s, released 1998) - and of course in novels like TekWar (1989). I probably miss more of course, but yes... the roots seem to always go back to stories like "Metropolis", and then later the Blade Runner and/or Neuromancer saga.

To me, it is purely Cyberpunk either way.
I only miss the "runners", which was excellently covered/designed though the Anime realm (Ghost in the Shell especially).

I wish more movie creators would use props again.
But 3D animations are just so much more cheaper it seems.

Do you "have to" see this movie?
As SciFi fan, yes. As Cyberpunk genre fan, definitely. As movie fan, it's a nice addition and great popcorn cinema (especially the more darker Directors Cut, not the "happy ending" and "voice over" cut). It's part of movie history.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

ghettosynth wrote:
Compyfox wrote: What other movie can say that it's still good looking compared to modern day productions after over 30 years?
Compared to what? There are a lot of movies from that time frame that are enjoyable even today.
That's two different things though.

IMHO Bladerunner still looks fantastic, so real and earthy. Compare that with something comparable today (I, Robot or Minority Report maybe). Very sterile, especially the extras, just walking around CGI augmented ets, looking lost. Compare it with other films from that era too, stuff like Dune, absolutely awful in comparison.

As for enjoyable films in general, of course, loads of great films from every era. Maybe with even better scripts way back when, give me something like The Apartment over any modern day comedy drama. :)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”