MPowerSynth beta released, available for an introductory price and you can even get it for FREE!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Really powerful Synth.
The Next generation of Synth has finally arrived :)

elassi wrote:Opening the filter...

Like the roundness (the blob) though in this example it's really not tweaked to 'perfection'. But the capability is there. :tu:

The echo you hear is the Rhythmizer repeating the higher frequencies (fed by the crossover module in the FX section).

https://soundcloud.com/mptest/filter
That sounds very good...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

bmanic wrote:Some questions:

1.) How do I get a polyphonic envelope modulation source? I'm using the mod slots but the envelope there seems to be monophonic, that is, it triggers only once. Even worse, it triggers only on the first note and ignores all other notes as long as the first note is held in. We
use the Midi retrigger feature. If you want to control amp or filter, use the designated envelopes.

3.) Why is there no volume parameter per oscillator?
Well you can controll mix level for OSC2/3 and noise, so why do you need volume control?
4.) Where's the panning per oscillator?
I am missing this feature, too. I hope it will be implemented because it is much better to create wide and moving sounds.
5.) Where can I set the overall polyphony of a preset?
I am missing this, too :-)

8.) Why do some of the filters reveal new parameters that do absolutely nothing? (bug in the Sub-X filers? Character and character range does absolutely nothing)
I think they do something but it actually are very very slight differences.

kurodo wrote:Really powerful Synth.
The Next generation of Synth has finally arrived :)
Powerful vs. Musical? BTW.. Hopefully the next generation has a fat wallet! I Prefer my "Bug"(VW) to a Bugatti. Synth1 is fairly powerful without being a "powerful" $ynth. :wink:

CableChannel wrote:

3.) Why is there no volume parameter per oscillator?
I would really like it if Osc1 had and ADSR volume envelope like the other oscillators. A trivial example would be making a synth snare where you want the noise osc to sustain longer than the tone osc. This synth is really great but this, and a few other things, are frustrating.

What I would like to see is a larger pitch bend range or a full spectrum semitone knob so I can make a kick drum. 4 octaves doesn't cover my needs... :/
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

I played with this a bit yesterday and tried to do a 8/4 16th note pattern
but the notes weren't being played properly, only the first note of the bassline
so i tried to put it in polyphonic mode and raised the polyphony but still no
results, only the first held note sounded, the solution was to switch to
Monophonic + Triggered mode and all the bassline notes played as they should
but polyphonic mode still doesn't work properly even though it works when
you play with your midi controller but not the stepsequencer in FL Studio 11
so I will be making presets as wanted by the developers, but I have no way
of doing polyphonic riffs or melodies, any suggestions? also there is a weird
resonance drop off on the filter where the sound continues after the note is
held where it's resonance fading out at the end of my reso bass preset and
everytime i make a similar preset, even though there is no sustain on the
global AHDSR and filter AHDSR are set to zero with no release or attack.
I think this synth is cool, it has potential, I like how you can customize
the GUI when installing and running for the first time. big plus up on that,
it can load custom waveforms i think, I will try with waveforms i created
and others i have, I think you can make presets for AHDSR settings and
other settings and save as presets like you can in other synths. I Love this
VST but 300 dollars is too high of a price for me, I will use the beta until
it runs out the 20th of October 2014 and if I like it enough I'll save for it.

Is there a routing option for the filters? Serial/parallel?

Seriously digging the synth so far! A bit of a shame that it's fighting for the spotlight with serum atm, but so far I've somehow managed to get time for both !..

Was just wondering if there's only 1 mod arp, or if there's any more hidden somewhere? =)

Also, discovered a bugg... if you would doubble click M1, resize the window and then try to resize it back and then close it... it's impossible to open it again. Even after closing the synth window and re-open it.

Well, that's it so far... =)
...NO!

BTW here another short demo:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3347 ... rTest3.mp3

Caution, the first filter sweep is a little too bright in the highs at 0:02, otherwise it's ok I think :P

Is it possible to automatically correct (at least somewhat) the loss in volume that is induced by a filter? During the filter sweep the synth is rather quiet at the beginning, then it gets louder. I would like to somewhat adjust that if possible.

Kevin Deas wrote: Hopefully the next generation has a fat wallet! I Prefer my "Bug"(VW) to a Bugatti. Synth1 is fairly powerful without being a "powerful" $ynth. :wink:
The suggested price seems fair enough given the amount of functionality on offer.
I will say though I am going to hold back on any purchase until all the little bugs are ironed out.

I am quite confident though given the astounding workflow of melda production that not only will all the little bugs be ironed out but any suggestions that are both possible and practical will be implemented and in a timely fashion. (within reason)

Love the re scalable interface and the inbuilt arp is very interesting.

Ugh, I missed a lot, so let's get into it :D.

As always, thanks everyone for positive comments, constructive criticism, audio demoes... everything !
Btw. if you'd send me the soundcloud links, I'd definitely share them on FB, if you'd like, these are sometimes awesome!

Pseudoedit: I'm not almost at the end of writing and I need to express the main thing: it is NOT a standard synth. It doesn't have the typical structure, like polyphonic modulators, cutoff in Hz etc... I personally think it's progressive, but I'm sure many will say "it's lacking the features". But this is how it is, it's an evolution :), maybe it will be limiting, but it has other features to compensate for it. It's just different.

PDF with filters: I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean frequency responses, then no sorry. After all, many filters behave different with different signals and frequencies. And many are a secret :D.

All bugs: Again, please send me the reports to info@meldaproduction.com, I'll handle them separately.

Modulators CPU usage: It very depends on what you are modulating, oscillator shapes are probably the worst. Anyway it can quite help to go to Settings/Settings and set a lower Modulator protection. Note that it was not meant to do "pulse width modulation", despite you can do these "classic" things, they take more CPU than necessary, because they are "simulated". The main thing here is the harmonic mode. But I understand that for those of you, who are used to some classic things, this may be weird.

UPDATE: I'm actually thinking that pulse width modulation could be easily added, and it would even be additional to any existing oscillator shapes. So please stick without it for now, no modulators.

Glide volume: If you want the level to stay consistent, just disable the "Velocity interpolation" (title of the glide panel).

Unison: I'll check the suggested alternatives, so far I found no better, but maybe I missed something!

Price: Ok, I'm going to agree that 199 EUR would be better, so it will be changed. Anyway the increasing introductory price should still be on the table.

Modulators & multiparameters values: These are always absolute. The approach is slightly different than what you are used to. The idea is that you learn the modulator/multiparam by moving the target parameter(s) from their suggested minimum and maximum values. In modulator window you can then transform the target values in various ways, you can even do some relative value movement - e.g. use one modulator to modulate a center value of another modulator's target parameter etc., and even use transformation curve. A tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3cLwbm ... e=youtu.be

Osc volume: There is no volume, there's only Dry/wet. Again, this is a little different approach. The idea is, that each of the additional generators produces the signal, which is then somehow merged with the previous stage. It may be just a mix, or fm, convolution, ring... The point is, that setting levels is often rather problematic and setting one level makes you change other levels. The dry/wet however lets you shape the whole thing using a single control.

Global pitch: You mean to shift everything up and down? No it's not there, but there probably will be (as well as microtuning). But that's a lowpriorioty for now.

Trial: Yes, it will be extended. To be honest, I simply forgot there's the 15 day limit :D. Stupid me...

Slow download: Well, to be honest, I didn't expect that high trafic, thousands downloads in a few days... Though I must say I just tried and got 7MB/s...

Polyphonic envelope: All modulators are global, that's how it is. All ADSRs in Osc 1...->Filter2 are per-voice, thus polyphonic. But true, you cannot modulate pitch with it for example. Anyway I understand you consider this a standard, but this probably won't be implemented, the structure is just different, it's not a "standard synth" ;).

MIDI velocity: In MIDI settings you can just use "velocity controller", but again, not polyphonic.

Osc panorama: Not there, thinking about it, not sure if it's a good idea.

Mono/poly per oscillator: Absolutely not, it wouldn't make sense. Imagine you'd make the first oscillator polyphonic and the second monophonic with the mode "frequency modulation", the results would be, well, I don't know what that would be, it would basically defeat the whole polyphonism. And what would be the filter processing then...
NOTE: The whole Osc1...Filter2 is PER-VOICE.

Cutoff in Hz: Again, this is not a standard synth. I assume you are used to the synths having the filters at constant frequencies regardless of what notes you play (or somehow manually related to it). Here it is not. Everything is related to the pitch of the note you are playing. So it's in pitch shift instead of frequency. It is not standard, but I think it is better (and I assume many will disagree :D ).

ADSR for osc 1: Well, the idea is that the main overall ADSR is "the one". The rest of them, for osc2,3,noise,filter1,2 are to control these additional units. It actually shouldn't be a big deal to add the ADSR for Osc 1, but it's like doubling ADSRs, what do you think?

Pitch-bend larger than 4 octaves: ?? you really mean pitch bend? The pitch bend you control with MIDI controller?

Serial/parallel filters: Hmmm, I'll check. It is not possible now, but...

ARP: There's really "just one", it works like a MIDI preprocessor, so there actually cannot be more of them, but it's polyphonic! So it can do more than multiple arps probably.

Filter gain loss: Well, if you cannot make it work by adjusting the filter and you want it polyphonic, I'm thinking either using the global ADSR, or you can for example simply put AutoVolume to FX.

And folks, I'd really rather go here for separate topics :D :
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=138
It's really hard to be answering here :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Nice replies Melda! Very in depth and professional. Can you also expand on the whole 'get the synth free' via creating patches scenario? Do we email them to you? If you include them for the release of the synth then will you receive a copy free?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:Nice replies Melda! Very in depth and professional. Can you also expand on the whole 'get the synth free' via creating patches scenario? Do we email them to you? If you include them for the release of the synth then will you receive a copy free?
Good point! I need to repeat that often enough: Please read instructions completely! :)

http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/ ... resets.php
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hey Melda

I would be happy to get an answer on PM or Mail ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Return to “Instruments”