KVR MIX CHALLENGE - MC04 September 2014 - Winners announced.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello folks,

here's my entry:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6l6jy9yx5pn1 ... e.wav?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vdwcgb688mno ... e.mp3?dl=0

Story and Design:

For reference I listened to The Specials and Madness.
What I extracted was: Groove and fun and more groove.
Furthermore, I always enjoyed the cool horns on certain Reggae recordings.
Also Jan Delay's "Irgendwie, ..." has spectacular horns.
The super cool horns in "Big SunGlasses" begged for extra attention.
I wanted lots of energy from the great horns.
I also listened to The Police because of the Reggae influences.
Then it was clear to me that I want this raw energy
while the mix sounds "pop/hifi" at the same.

Tech:

Kick
Gate against the bleed
Satin for some smoothing
DC8C2 compression for some smack
GlissEQ for a smile Eq
preFIX, tilt eq to balance click and oomph

Snare
Gate against the bleed
Satin for some niceness
DC8C2 compression for more groove
GlissEQ low cut, several resonances subdued, a wide flattened boost @ 6k
preFIX, tilt eq to balance body and smack
VintageVerb for Ambience

Overheads
Satin for more beauty
Low cut at 2k5, wide niceness boosts between 5k and 9k, cut @ 2k4 against hardness
DC8C2 compression for nice drumstick clicks

Toms
Separate gates on the 3 tracks against bleed
Satin for presence
Low cut @50
Boost for body @100
Wide cut @300 against cheapo and cardboard
Wide boost @5k for more click

Bass
B.O.D. for some growl
Hicut @600 to make room for the higher instruments
Satin for character and eq to add more definition
IVGI for more definition
Some ducking from the kick

Overdrive guitar
Gate against noise
IVGI for smoothing and more sizzle in the attack
ReaXcomp for a more controlled sound and to eq it into it's place in the mix
ThrillseekerLA compression, medium attack + short release for some Chuck Norris ;-)
Some 2k5 cut to let the guitarist take a step back behind the lead vocals

Clean guitar
Roxolder JCM800 for jangly high mids
Several cuts to slim it and against some harshness
Boosted 2k for presence
DC8C2 compression for attack and steadiness
MFlanger for movement
Multiply for body and roundness
DC8C2 compression to even out the amplitude changes from the modulations

Organ
Satin for a smile eq and older sound
IVGI for sizzle
Gate against the noise that was brought up later by the compressor
GlissEQ for more smile eq
DC8C2 for more details
Multiply for that old school movement and some glitter presence

Horns
- Alto Saxophone, soloed it sounded great with those sugar sweet mid
(obviously a great instrument and great player!)
To make it fit my goals for the horns in the mix I did cut some of those mids
and boosted the nice breath and those wonderful lively noises
- Tenor Saxophone (again, beautiful instrument and great player!)
Basically a smile eq:
Bring up those warm lows
2 cuts to subdue those beautiful honks which unfortunately didn't serve my mix goals
Turned up some highs for this wonderful air
Hicut and Locut for control and roundness
- Trombone
boosted body and honk
cut some nasality
boosted lips
- Horns buss:
IVGI for smoothness
Satin for excitement
DC8C2 compression for defined attack and glue
VintageVerb for some bigger space
Eq cut @2k9 to make room for the vocals

Vocals
- Main Female
DC8C2 compression, 3 in a row:
1 to tame some peaks and 2 to even it out to some extent
Locut @320
Big cut @900 to let the nuances shine through that were hidden by the big mids
Small boost @5k5
VintageVerb for her own nice room
- Main male
DC8C2 compression for more details
Some wide cut @300 to subdue boom
Deep cut @700 to lift the curtain that veiled some details
Brought him more upfont with several boost between 1k5 and 7k5
VintageVerb for his own Ambience to present him more in the mix
- Background
Deep cut @780, low cut and a high shelf for balance and clarity
DC8C2 compression for better intelligibility

Sends:
- VintageVerb as an overall room, most signals are sent into this one
- 2 short delays, one to the right and one to the left
These define some walls of the overall space. Some signals are sent here

Stereo Buss:
Satin for some coloration and glue
SlickHDR for more glue
SPAN for sanity checks

Some automation of volumes and FX levels here and there to add excitement and fun.

I hope this is helpful. Enjoy! :phones: 8)

Ringing in the last 48 hours for submissions.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/h15 ... d.wav?dl=0

Drums:
HiHat and Ride: EQ
Kick, Snare and Toms: compressed, EQ
OH and Room: Nothing
Drumbus: Tilt EQ, compressed

Bass: compressed, EQ

Git Clean close and room: compressed

Git Dist. close and room: compressed

Horns: compressed, EQ

Organ: Nothing

Vocals: 2x compressed, EQ

Aux:
Slapback Echo
Medium Chamber

Mixbus: Volume, Limiter, Meter, Analyzer

So here is my entry:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/o64hlvx ... yannis.mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/32mtxib ... yannis.wav

I didn't use any pitch correction except 4-5 notes on the horns. I did some time editing on vocals and horns and a lot of volume automation on vocals.

On with the effects used:

Vocals: High pass around 100Hz for all tracks, background vocals were boosted a lot with both low and high shelf filters.
I used two compressors, one as a limiter for peaks, followed by a slow opto compressor reducing around 7db! And all that was done after volume automation on the clips. The female vocal was then de-essed, and the backing vocal was treated with a little pseudo stereo effect.
Panning was female R5, male L5, back R16.

Horns: Low shelf boost at 120Hz, high shelf boost around 6KHz and a slight dip at 1.8KHz.
Then compressed with gain reduction of about 3db, and distorted slightly with Camelphat, I love this plugin.
I kept Sax2 in the middle and spread on the sides Sax1 and trombone.

Distorted guitar: I used mainly the room mic with just a little hint of the close one, and spread them on opposing sides for stereo effect.
I high passed them at 90Hz and slightly boosted at 1KHz.
Panned slightly on the left.

Clean guitar: I only used the room mic. Camelphat was used again for lots of compression, a little flanging and an LFO automated band pass filter, like an autowah.
Panned like the distorted guitar.

Organ: Again, I only used the room mic, high passed at 200Hz, with a 5db boost at 2KHz.
Panned at opposite side of guitars.

Bass: Reamped with Amplitube's Gallien-Krueger bass amp. Boosted mids and highs and used lots of compression.

Drums: I didn't use the room mics, they didn't give me anything extra that I wanted.
Overheads were high passed at 100 Hz and a high shelf was used for 5db boost at 5
KHz. Then they were compressed with 10ms of attack for 3db of reduction.
Ride was high passed at 400Hz.
Hihat was high passed at 1.5KHz and boosted a lot at 10KHz. It was kept pretty low in the mix.
Toms were gated and then boosted a little around 150 Hz. Actually the floor tom was boosted a lot at 100Hz, and 5KHz for snappier attack.
Snare top was high passed at 100 Hz and boosted a little at 750Hz.
Snare bottom was high passed at 1KHz.
I only used the Kick in mic. The kick was gated, boosted a lot at 63Hz and a high shelf was used for attack boost at 3KHz. Then boosted the initial transients with Cubase's Envelope Shaper. Camelphat was used again for a little compression and tube distortion.
Then the drum bus was compressed just a little to glue everything together. Also used a little tube distortion.

Voices and horns were sent through a doubler for a little spreading out, just a little.

I only used one reverb, a medium room from EAReverb SE. I sent there everything but bass and kick. Again, just a little for ambience.

Finally on the master bus I used a little tape saturation from P&M's Analoger plugin, and a clipper for cutting off some drum peaks here and there.

Hi Everybody,

I hope I can participate in the KVR Mix Challenge contest with this one.

I finally managed to achieve this result :

https://soundcloud.com/dovstoi/knattert ... news-j-mix

I'm afraid of not being able to succeed in english to make a complete check-up of all the work that has been done on track... It's a very personnal interpretation of the song with special effect (flanger, LFO volume, Dynamiques processor, Ring modulator...). I really used my ReverbR (my own conception VST plugin) to add a particular color to the music and I wanted to bring to the forefront a grungie guitar. I hope you enjoy my version...

I could detail shortly if all my little tricks needed to achieve this :party:
Last edited by chopen on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Another first timer to KVR mixing and doing a full band mix.

https://soundcloud.com/dwgh/knattertone ... westcoast2

https://soundcloud.com/dwgh/knattertone ... coast2-mp3

Mixed in reaper.
No timing or tuning adjustments.
No automation.

Here is a summary of what was done:

I listened to the preview and enjoyed the song. The mix I aimed for was a subtle, understated backing, with an emphasis on rhythm while retaining the energy within the vocal, distorted guitar and drums.

ReaEQ was used for High/Low shelving across all tracks before compression was added. In non drum/bass tracks TDR slickEQ was used as a HP filter. Initial mix was in mono with rough levels.

First off, tracks were grouped and coloured.

Next after further grouping, setting rough levels and listening, several tracks were split to enable custom settings to each part.

Splits:
Female Vocal 3 parts - verse, backing, verse. This enabled mixing with the backing vocal.
Male Vocal 2 parts - verse, last chorus. This was a volume issue since I wasn't using automation.
Clean guitar into 2 parts - strumming and picking.
Horn section into 2 parts - backing group and solos.

Once the sections were split, the various parts were worked on.

Unless otherwise mentioned, the following effects were used:
EQ - ReaEQ: Delay - ReaDelay: Gate - ReaGate,
Compression - Klanghelm DC8C2: Reverb - VOS epicVerb

Vocal:
All Vocals were eq'd using ReaEQ. The backing vocals were widened (TWest Wide) and mixed with the female vocal split. Compression (Various), reverb and delay were used on lead and backing vocals.

Horns:
The Backing Horns were EQ'd to give each horn space. There were Mid range boosts for the solos (slickEQ). The solo Trombone had some compression. All horns used delay.

Organ:
EQ'd to give Space for horns.

Clean Guitar:
EQ boosts for low/mid on picking split, some cuts for strumming split to fit with the organ.

Distorted Guitar:
Notched at 460Hz and 4300hz to remove some harshness. (maybe just me though).

Bass:
Added an AMP and Cab (NI Guitar Rig 5 - Bass Pro) for a fuller yet, when needed, still melodic bass. Some compression (NI Solid Dynamics).

Drums:
Phased corrected (TWest PhaseM), HiHat and Ride Cymbal EQ'd with mid and mid/hgh boosts (slickEQ), Bass drum compressed, Toms gated and compressed, Snare expanded and compressed (NI Solid Dynamics), and Overheads compressed. Some spill retained. Room not used - seemed to add mush whatever I did.

The next step was to convert the mono mix to a stereo mix and adjust levels. (Aside - I haven't fully grasped reference levels yet.) Nothing was added to the Master Bus.

Doing this mix was a big challenge for me. I hope I have done this great song justice, enjoy.

Hi,
here my mix:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/401 ... adio12.wav

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/401 ... adio12.mp3

i had a surgery at my right hand and now i sit here with a plaster cast at my brothers house, unable to play guitar, trying to type with my left hand, ...... i decided to participate on this contest, although i only have my headphones and computer speakers. My english is bad, but here are some additional infos:

First i started to tempoalign the drums and the bass, just to find out that i had to rebuild the song from scratch and destroy the overall feeling, if i wanted to go that route (beside that you need both hands for it, which was quite painful), so i mixed it as it was recorded.

Problem 2: the song does not rock that much, the drummer did not play his best take here i guess, so i did not mix the drums too punchy and loud because i think that would distract from the good things the band has to offer (you might not be able to fix things in the mix, but you can hide them a bit) to me it is better that the listener thinks : good band, but a bad mix, than vice versa....

Host was Reaper, i grouped the tracks, i gated the snare and the toms by hand, muted the outer bassdrum and the room mics.

I put a little tube/tapedistortion (studio devil preamp, and magnetic from nomad factory) on most of the tracks which sounded good to me because it made the sound a bit sharper and more agressive. I also used the levelling amp from Plug and play on the subgroups, all that resulted in a quite heavy compressed sound. Then i did some volume automation to get a part of the dynamic back.

I tried to get rid of the boomyness of the drums and bass, cutting some low mids between 200 - 400 hz and inserted highpassfilters(sweetone), the bass was sent through an ampeg emulation from amplitude and then heavily eqed to get a smoother attack and more of a reggae sound.

FX : One overall large plate from reverberate, a small room from nebulas roomhunters, for the clean guitar and the solobrass a springverb from Psp, on the snare a gated reverb from vallhalla realmod.
The vocals got some slapbackdelay and a bit de-essing, the backvocals were cut at 8khz to let them sound more distant, then sent to left an right with ADT, all this to seperate them from the lead vocals, the slapback of the lead vocals were off in the chorus. I put the same ADT on the distorted guitars to make them a bit more important, also a very small amount of the dimension d from P&P on the close guitartrack and the fenderemulation of S-Gear on the distant guitartrack at a very low volume just to add some character. On the organ i inserted the leslieemulation from P&P (yes i bought them for 49$ and i wanted to test them).
On the bus i put the Satin tape emulation and the psp mastercompressor working at -2 gain reduction, also the TDR Slickeq for a high shelf and a small cut at 1400hz and the Sheppyvst for a bit stereo widening, and, as you requested, no limiter.

I am sure i forgot some things, but if someone wants further infos, just ask, and thank you for listening.

We're within the final 24 hours of MC04.
Less than 18 hours left for submissions.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

A different genre for me. I did some listening in an attempt to familiarize myself with the style. This is what I came up with.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/896 ... 140921.wav

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/896 ... 140921.mp3

Nothing too unique in the mixing. HPFs on everything, subtle delays and reverb, etc. I did do some timing edits, but tried not to tighten up things too much. This song should not be clinically precise, I think. I decided the male vocal should be centered in the stereo spectrum during the chorus; same for any soloing instrument. It was fun to mix other instruments than guitars, bass, drums, and keys typical of rock and pop.
Last edited by jhkennedy5 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,

I am a noobie. New in music production and new to mixing.
This is my very first mix. Before I mixed only my own stuff.

My submission (don't ask me why soundcloud changed sunglasses to lunglasses):
https://soundcloud.com/dilutedmind/knat ... nd/s-1AY9T

I tried to use as many plugins as possible :party:

Drums:
Kick Tracks: EQing
Kick Bus: PuigTec EQP-1A (magic kick weapon), CLA-76, Kramer Tape (just bought, so must be used), Pro-Q for low-cut at 60hz
HiHat (DRMS_Hihat): not used
Ride Cymbal: EQ, Cosmos, CLA-3A
Snare Tracks: EQ, Compression (sidechain from kick)
Snare Bus: Glue Compressor, CLA-2A, EQ, Vitamin (to revive the compressed)
Tom high, middle: EQ
Tom low: EQ, RBass, Gate
Tom Bus: EQ (Scheps 73, low cut 80hz), Apex Vintage Exciter (just bought, so must be used), H-Comp
Overheads: EQ
Overheads Bus: EQ (low cut 200Hz, hi cut 14khz)
Drum Room Tracks: -
Drum Room Bus: EQ (low cut 122, high cut 10k), Vitamin
Drum Bus (full drum set): Pro-C (slow attack slow release, 4:1), Vitamin, Pro-C (fast attack, fast release, 2:1), Valhalla Vintage, Gate

Bass:
Bass DI: Guitar Rig (80ties slap bass preset), EQ, CLA-2a, Gate
(aligned bass with kick drum)

Guitars:
Clean close: VComp, EQ
Clean room: Scheps 73
Clean Bus: EQ (low cut 180hz), CLA-3A, Doubler, Gate
Distored close (doubled, panned 40 with 20ms delay): Renaissance Axx, EQ, Supercharger (Distorted Guitar preset)
Distored room: Saturn, CLA-3A, EQ
Distored Bus: EQ (low cut 100Hz), Vitamin, H-Delay Slap (20% wet), Gate

Horns:
Sax 1: EQ, volume automation
Sax 2: EQ, volume automation
Trombone: EQ, volume automation
Horns Bus: Kramer Tape, CLA-76, Gate

Organ:
Organ close: EQ
Organ room: EQ
Organ bus: Saturn, Doubler (automated), H-Delay Tape (20% wet), Gate

Vocals:
Background (doubled, panned 15, 10ms): Pro-DS, EQ, CLA-3A
Female: Pro-DS, EQ (low cut 200Hz, high cut 12kHz), CLA-76, Vitamin
Male: Pro-DS, EQ (low cut 160Hz, high cut 10kHz), CLA-76, Vitamin

Return Tracks:
Valhalla Vintage for volcals and instruments

Mix Bus: EQ (low cut 40Hz, high cut 16kHz), Pro-MB, PSP MasterComp, Pro-L, Kramer Tape

I very appreciate any comments on my mix!

thx!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
https://soundcloud.com/anttiu/knatterto ... sunglasses

wav: https://db.tt/ITYUlVqv (https://db.tt/ITYUlVqv)

Tried a purely headphonemix. Bass was the problemtrack here definitely!
Last edited by AnttiU on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks No_Use for this lovely track.

Here's what I did :

Bussed all the drum elements except for the Kick
EQed the snare Boost 2400Hz
On the Bus: STA Enhancer, EQ, ReaXcomp, SlickEQ 2x, ReaComp.-> Reverb

Kick : EQ, SingleMault, ReaComp, SlickEQ.

Bass : SingleMault, ReaComp.

Guitars: Panned right 30/35%, SlickEQ on the Close Stems. -> Reverb, Room ->Master

Organ : Panned left 16% Close Stem -> Reverb, Room ->Master

Horns Bussed -> Reverb
Sax1 panned right 23%
Sax2 Panned left 9%
Trombone Panned left 23% Solo left 9%.

Vox :
BG : ReaComp, Easyvox17 -> Reverb
Female : ReaComp, Easyvox17 -> Reverb
Male : ReaComp, Easyvox17, JbSmashPro -> Reverb 2

Aux/Reverb 1 : Ambience
Aux/Reverb 2 : Ambience, ReaComp.

Master : Voxengo MSED, SlickEQ, SleepyTime Monochannel.

Mp3 : 320Kbps.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/862 ... Yeager.mp3

Wav : 441000, 32FP.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/862 ... Yeager.wav

Enjoy.

Hi all!
I did the whole work inside Reaper, with no time adjustment and pitch correction.
I started with drums, using Reaper’s TransientController to give more attack and lower some of the bleeds, that i finished to correct those via the ReaGate or the gate inside the Eventide UltraChannel with which I did most of the work on all the tracks.
On drums I cut the carboardy low-mids and enhanced the attack on high frequencies, hi-passed the cymbals and compressed, then on drum buss I added sparkle via Ignite’s Pultec emulation, then light compression and tape emulation.
For the bass I wanted a punk tipe of sound so I used Ignite amp emulation with some overdrive, cab impulse, eq and compression, standard with N.I. Supercharger and multiband with ReaXcomp. This one was a bit hard to get the right sound! :)
For clean/overdrive guitars and organ was mostly phase and volume match the tracks, correct resonances, eq, comp (all with UltraChannel) and volume balance. A little panning too.
Horns got also some eq/compression, but also a little automation for the solos.
Vocals where compressed before and after equalization, saturated via Acustica AcquaVox and chorused a little.
Then I Added 3 verbs, all via ReaVerb and Samplicity M7 impulse library, but I have to find a different solution because with my PC this setup gives some timing problems on playback (not on render though). The verbs where a room for most of the instruments, snare plate (gated) and vocals plate.
Slight delay on vocals with TAL Dub III.
The master was slightly compressed and saturated, then equalized with SlickEq to match a little better the frequencies curve of the reference track I choosed for this mix.

Wav - 44.1khz 24bit:
https://soundcloud.com/roberto-ortenzi/ ... to-ortenzi

Mp3 - 44.1khz 16bit:
https://soundcloud.com/roberto-ortenzi/ ... rtenzi-mp3

Good listen and good luck all! :wink:

Ran out of time a bit but here is my entry

https://soundcloud.com/docjon/knatterto ... on/s-xXcDW

Downloads here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/252 ... %20Jon.wav
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/252 ... %20Jon.mp3

Brief description of what I did:

No pitch correction but did make some timing adjustments to snare track
Main problem encountered was in controlling the drum bleed, ride cymbal track being worst offender, gating did not work for most of the tracks so ended up doing a lot of manual cutting and disposing of unwanted sections in between hits
All drums were individually EQ'd and compressed then sent to group track for further compression and saturation, tried to do panning to fit with a normal drum kit set up. Overheads and room tracks not used
Bass EQ'd, compressed and amped
Guitars were copied and panned, each side EQ'd and amped differently for ADT effect
Brass individually EQ'd and compressed with automation of panning to ensure the lead/solo was always in centre, then sent to group track for delay and saturation
Vocals individually EQ'd and compressed, then sent to group track for delay and saturation
Single Reverb used on send
Master buss had about 1-2dB of 'Glue' style compression only, no limiting of any sort

Jon

Listen
https://soundcloud.com/ngharmonics/knat ... ge/s-jSRps

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fc11x5rnthtwh ... 3.mp3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ilr4ztk9uxqb ... V.wav?dl=0

Pre Mix:
Grouped or Bussed everything
No Quantization
Re-Balance Levels

SSL Channel used for all gating and EQ unless specified.

Kick Inside: Gate
Kick Outside: Gate, EQ cut 6k6 bell
Kick Bus: Native 76hz 10db, native 3k4 7.7db, mud cut

Snare Bottom & Top: Gate
Snare Bus: HPF 124hz, 200hz 6db, 5k2 6db, high shelf 1k5 8.2db

HiHat: HPF 512hz, 2k5 13db
Cymbal: HPF 643hz, 1k5 5.7db

Toms: Gated all, Panned, mud cut, hpf 80hz, 250hz 4db narrow, 362hz 6db narrow, 2k5 3.5db wide

Room Mics: Panned L&R, HPF, 40hz -12db narrow, 645hz 2.5db wide, Upward Compressor @ -3db detection 6db upward gain, 50% wet, medium release

Overheads: Panned L&R, HPF 116, 6k7 1.5db wide, 5k1 9.8db high shelf, Upward Compressor @ -3db detection, 12db upward gain, 50% wet, medium release

Drum Bus: Softube FET Comp: 4:1, slow attack, med release, 19.5db input, high cut dectect @ 2k1, 40% wet

Bass Guitar: One channel clean. Parallel channel: 4:1 fast release, 50ms attack, -10 GR, High EQ boost for more audible string picking
Bass Guitar Bus: EVE AT1: 100hz 3db shelf, mud cut > compressor 4:1 slow attack med release > Bass exciter

Guitar Clean: hpf 160, 3k7 3.8db > parallel channel: Max GR from compressor slow attack > DCAM ENV shaper sustain reduction > Bus channel: Rom reverb send, 60% mix > light compression
Did not use Room Guitar

Guitar Distorted Bus: Panned L&R, hp80, 660hz 3db wide, 6k1 2.8db wide, 16k 6db shelf, Resonance cuts 585, 684hz

Sax High: hp, chorus send @ 90% wet
Sax Low: Mono, hp, 1k5 2db shelf
Trombone: Mono, hp
Brass Bus: Rob Papen Ensemble -80% wet, hall reverb send 85% wet all into light compresion -2db GR @ 4:1

Organ Bus: Mono Panned L&R, hp, 480hz 6db, 3k7 10db shelf, send hall reverb 50% wet

Female Vocal: Mono, Gate, hp, lp, 321hz -5.7db, 5k1 2db, > Upward Compression -12db detect, 12db gain change, 50% wet, med release> Compression fast attack 2:1 > send 1: delay 1/16, send 2: delay > hall reverb short decay > native 2k -7db

Male Vocal: Simlar to above with shorter delay times and spring reverb send, Upward Compression at 80% wet

Background: Upward Compression -12db detect, 6db gain change, fast release, 100% wet

Vocal Bus: 1 channel clean, send to faturator for stereo then minus middle channel, then send all that to hall reverb send, 35% wet, long decay,

Pre Fader(Pre Master): Upward Compression -3db detect, 3db gain chnage fast release, 50% wet > Softube Trident EQ: 10k 2.1db, 9k 1db, 500hz 1db, 250hz 1db, 50hz 1db > Slight side channel boost and hpf 100hz.

Massive respect to the band, especially the brass section!
Last edited by NickGeorge on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Production Techniques”