Aphex Twin - Syro

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[decipher] wrote:does the CD come with liner notes which maybe hint on creation dates for the songs? in the interview linked earlier in this thread he mentioned the songs are basically old songs that he just fixed up for this (and more) album(s), so no wonder he sounds "just like in the good old days" in an 2014 release.

pretty sure i read that the 'minipops' tune is 8 years old, or something like that :shrug:

[decipher] wrote:does the CD come with liner notes which maybe hint on creation dates for the songs? in the interview linked earlier in this thread he mentioned the songs are basically old songs that he just fixed up for this (and more) album(s), so no wonder he sounds "just like in the good old days" in an 2014 release.
There is a gear list on a separate piece of paper in a pocket. The CD cover folds out 5 times before you get to the CD. It may or may not hint at when the track was created - I'm not bothered about that TBH.

[decipher] wrote:he mentioned the songs are basically old songs that he just fixed up for this (and more) album(s)
So he basically is in need for quick money to pay alimony?

There's nothing on the vinyl blurb that indicates when they were written.

Numanoid wrote:
[decipher] wrote:he mentioned the songs are basically old songs that he just fixed up for this (and more) album(s)
:lol:

He isn't divorced from his wife ...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... g-20140903

>>>> ;)
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
A-ha! But obviously she is pushing him to rake in dosh nevertheless :D

My wife will be calling me, "Rich!"

Philly wrote:I'm not bothered about that TBH.

no ! but it's important info in a thread when an artist is being criticised for being behind the times :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:no ! but it's important info in a thread when an artist is being criticised for being behind the times :shrug:
Didn't Rolling Stone or Q or one of those magazine run a frontpage recently about the coolest happening band around is The Beatles

The kids these days got problems with coming up with sound of their own, so they recycle sound from the past. And then why buy their stuff, instead of going to the source itself.

Numanoid wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:no ! but it's important info in a thread when an artist is being criticised for being behind the times :shrug:
Didn't Rolling Stone or Q or one of those magazine run a frontpage recently about the coolest happening band around is The Beatles

The kids these days got problems with coming up with sound of their own, so they recycle sound from the past. And then why buy their stuff, instead of going to the source itself.
not really sure of the point you are trying to make.

i doubt it's just the kids having problems coming up with their own sound. it's very difficult. nothing wrong with not re-inventing the wheel. variations can exist within themes

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:not really sure of the point you are trying to make.
That it is difficult to be behind the times musicwise.

As older music is the coolest thing around, still.

Numanoid wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:not really sure of the point you are trying to make.
That it is difficult to be behind the times musicwise.

As older music is the coolest thing around, still.
gotcha :tu:

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... g-20140903

>>>> ;)

Thats his new wife. :wink:

I'm not crazy about aphex's music personally,but I do like it

I think his music is way overated though,I can't get where everybody is coming from when they say he is the master of electronic music,I'd put liam howlett way before aphex in terms of talent,look at MFTJG as an example(especially the narcotic suite),sure richard d james can make some great techno but there are better artists imo
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Kriminal wrote:Thats his new wife. :wink:
:oops: Yep, missed that one ...
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Thats his new wife. :wink:
:oops: Yep, missed that one ...
Gotta read myself up on Cosmopolitan, to stay with the times :P

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”