SampleTank FREE and sound library additions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's been released so far?

Right now, I'm just collecting these to check out later.

As of today, I have (for Mac):

1) SampleTank_3_FREE_3.0.2.dmg (8/28) 536.7 MB
2) SampleTank_3_Free_Sound_Content_Rhythm_Section.zip (9/5) 372.1 MB
3) SampleTank_3_Free_Sound_Installer_1.zip (9/9) 369.4 MB

1) Application and Grand Piano 1 SE?
2) Drums and Basses? (this one is no longer in user area)
3) Drums and Basses? GP1 SE? (this one is still in user area after d/l)

Maybe 2 and 3 are the same?

Please post updates here.

Thanks!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

2 and 3 have the same content. The filename was changed. You'll be fine keeping 1 and 3 (since 3 is what is in your User Area now). Hope that helps.

Should I wait until a later time to get a single package of all the free sounds? I mean are there more in the works to be breadcrumb released soon?

I've heard of no plans to release a single package version of all of the free sounds (edit - though now I've asked, so at least the suggestion is now laid out there). There are definitely more coming.

Ok thank you for the information! I appreciate it.

Can we assume that those of us who purchased the upgrade already have all the sounds that will be released for ST 3 Free ? If so then I can stop watching threads about ST Free............ :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yes, those who have SampleTank 3 full have these sounds and the ones that are coming.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:2 and 3 have the same content. The filename was changed. You'll be fine keeping 1 and 3 (since 3 is what is in your User Area now). Hope that helps.
It looks like the size changed a little, too... but yes, that helps and makes more sense than some of my other (conspiracy) theories.

I was also afraid that there might be a limited window to grab them, though now I'm guessing there's not.

Thanks!

So no time-window to download by? I only have 3G internet right now :( I'd rather wait.

arkmabat wrote:So no time-window to download by? I only have 3G internet right now :( I'd rather wait.
I think/hope that's the case, though I have the first one already.

I guess we'll see if it goes away when the second one comes out, or get official word.

Will they get Ella and Marvin? :o :hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

arkmabat wrote:So no time-window to download by? I only have 3G internet right now :( I'd rather wait.
There is no time-window to download by on the free sounds.

Loops and Synths (aka "2") out now.

"3" is out: Guitars and Ethnic Instruments (in case you missed it in the big thread... which I did).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Yes, those who have SampleTank 3 full have these sounds and the ones that are coming.
Does this hold true also for SampleTank 3 SE? Thanks.

Return to “Instruments”