Live 9 warping

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I've been using Ableton for a while now and something i still can't really get my head around is the warping.

Looking for some help with this….

Example:

Say i am already working on a song at 130bpm. Now lets say i have a few loops i wanna use that would probably work really well in the song, but they are various bpms: maybe 90, 115, 170.

If i put them in the song, then put in the warp bpm of the song, they don't loop properly.

What exactly am i doing wrong? I was always under the assumption that when you drop in loop that isn't of the same bpm of the song you're working on, just insert the bpm of the song in the warp box and all is fine.

-Sin
My work:
- soundcloud.com/sinthetic-studios
- ft13.bandcamp.com

Hmmmmmmmm. 99% of the time live loops/warps pretty much perfect. I guess though that there could be some cases where you have to do some manual stuff.

When you inspect the loop, does the waveform look as though it's complete from end to end?

yeah. i don't have many loops that don't loop properly.
My work:
- soundcloud.com/sinthetic-studios
- ft13.bandcamp.com

How is it they do not loop properly? Start/end points? Or do you mean they just play through once?

Have you set the loop points correctly in the clip?

Normally, I just drop the loop into a slot and Live takes care of the BPM. Note: sometimes the clip just doesn't work.

But when they do, then I set the points in the clip I want it to loop from/to and make sure "Loop" is enabled.

Sometimes it is necessary to xfade the clip to get the right sound going.

If there is something about Live's loop methods you don't understand it may benefit you to read up on that in the manual. (not suggesting you haven't - just a good starting point if not.)

There are also a ton of vids on youtube about looping in Live.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

IndustrialMusic wrote: Say i am already working on a song at 130bpm. Now lets say i have a few loops i wanna use that would probably work really well in the song, but they are various bpms: maybe 90, 115, 170.

If i put them in the song, then put in the warp bpm of the song, they don't loop properly.

What exactly am i doing wrong? I was always under the assumption that when you drop in loop that isn't of the same bpm of the song you're working on, just insert the bpm of the song in the warp box and all is fine.

-Sin
I don't put the bpm of the track in the clip box ever. If Live guesses wrong and the loop doesn't loop I enter the original bpm of the loop and sometimes tweak the start/end markers too. Usually I don't need to do either.

just found a nice article in this topic > http://www.askaudiomag.com/articles/eff ... ton-live-9
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”