Chilly Hip´n´Pop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/hybridrums/dujeous-break-bread
== Mixing, Mastering ==

https://soundcloud.com/hybridrums/magda ... ou-caramel
== Mastering ==

Further information underneath the track (Soundcloud)
Any audiophile feedback is highly appreciated

(( D ))

listened to "break bread". very good mix/audioquality here on my rokit6 Speakers. light sounding, transparent, also the unusual embedded vocals are very good (lead Vox right channel based)

:tu: excellent

PS: alter, was machst Du anders, die audioqualität deiner Songs ist ja fücking brilliant!?

TrekStar wrote:listened to "break bread". very good mix/audioquality here on my rokit6 Speakers. light sounding, transparent, also the unusual embedded vocals are very good (lead Vox right channel based)

:tu: excellent
Thanks very much for listening TrekStar !
TrekStar wrote:PS: alter, was machst Du anders, die audioqualität deiner Songs ist ja fücking brilliant!?
Du hast ne PM ;-)

(( D ))

I just played "Break Bread". It has a very clean sound, with lots of well-defined stereo placement. I liked the way that the bass seemed to "mesh" with the piano, and the horns at the end were smooth and airy.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I just played "Break Bread". It has a very clean sound, with lots of well-defined stereo placement. I liked the way that the bass seemed to "mesh" with the piano, and the horns at the end were smooth and airy.

Good work :)
Thanks Tim for listening !
And for your good ears ... the Bass being enmeshed in the Piano, was very unconscious at first ... till I soloed the Bass and the Piano to check the phase correlation. I liked it very much, so I placed the guitars and the rest around ;-)
In addition the stereo placement is something I am doing unconsciously too.
Just close your eyes and imagine the band on stage.

Tim I appreciate your defined hearing and your appreciation of a great sound ;-)

(( D ))

Hey Daniel, I usually have to play a track through 3 or 4 times before I am able to to hear that sort of thing. It's some sort of acclimatisation process. I'm sure that professionals can hear these features immediately and intuitively.

The first thing that I noticed about "Caramel" is that the singer has a very interesting and slightly "breathy" style. Your master has managed to focus/highlight these features, even while the strings make their entrance. It's got a nice rhythm too. I was walking around the room with this track playing and the sound/frequency balance was nice and even no matter where I was standing.

Great job :tu:

seismic1 wrote:The first thing that I noticed about "Caramel" is that the singer has a very interesting and slightly "breathy" style. Your master has managed to focus/highlight these features, even while the strings make their entrance. It's got a nice rhythm too. I was walking around the room with this track playing and the sound/frequency balance was nice and even no matter where I was standing.

Great job :tu:
Cool Tim ;-)
I thought 2 tracks were too much for most of the guys :D
Thanks for your comment.
Yes the singer has a unique voice, very catchy.
So it´s easy to increase those voices ;-)

(( D ))

It´s clear and easy.
The lonely two guys who commented are from those days where
sound did matter.
The younger generation don´t give a shit about quality.
It´s good when it´s loud, that´s dumb like hell.
I cannot see any (predicted) improvement over the LW.

I am sure the following video will result in comments like this:
"What´s funny about that ? He´s right, dammit !"
:lol:

Great sound for all monkeys =>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb6iMMuG4fE

Well done!
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

Yessir! I'm lovin' it. Excellent arrangement and stereo definition. Great lyrical content. Wowzers - those horns are spectacular! I look forward to hearing more from you.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

RLSguitar wrote:Well done!
Thanks !

(( D ))

Brother Charles wrote:Yessir! I'm lovin' it. Excellent arrangement and stereo definition. Great lyrical content. Wowzers - those horns are spectacular! I look forward to hearing more from you.
Thanks Brother !
But I am "just" the mixing/mastering engineer ;-)

(( D ))

I like the arrangement(you did this right). Nicely mixed and mastered and an overall good song!

Was talking about DUJEOUS - Break Bread

You scored the trifecta: great composition, great performance and great recording. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I am in my 60's. That's probably why. Great job fellas.

Return to “Music Cafe”