iOS 8, iconnectMIDI2+ and AudioBus Problem - Please Help

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I just updated my iPad Air to iOS 8. All was fine 10 minutes earlier prior to the update.

Now when I open my music apps such as Arp Pro and Seline Ultimate I get
audiobus initialization problem
There was a problem setting up Audiobus Communication.
Audiobus will be disabled.

I have never used AudioBus as far as I know.The apps I use are Core Midi compatible for the iConnectMIDI2+.

The problem is that there is no midi going to my VSTi's. Just prior to the update all worked well. Is the Audiobus causing the midi problem?

i have tried the easy stuff such as rebooting and checking the cables.

Please help.

Just bought the ipad (yesterday) .. got the update to 8 message ... i hit cancel but then a little later it asked again.
Now i get that audiobus message too :(
:hug:

Has it become mandatory to purchase Audiobus?
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audiobu ... 13570?mt=8

My main problem however is that the iConnectMIDI2+ does not work. I cannot get midi from the iPad to my VSTi's. Is the Audiobus causing this problem?

The AudioBus problem is related to the apps needing an update.

It has nothing to do with the apps requiring AudioBus to work properly. It just means that the version of AudioBus they reference if you do happen to use AudioBus is outdated and won't work on iOS 8.

You can safely ignore the message.

As for iConnect - both audio and MIDI are working OK here with iOS 8. I use the iConnectMIDI4+, but that should not make any difference, it's pretty much the same device. It took a few attempts to get audio going (I had to re-select the iConnectMIDI for the aggregate device) but it seems to works fine otherwise.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

I'm getting the same error message and I've only just bought an iPad so I wasn't too sure what it meant.

More worrying is the fact that i've just bought Animoog which won't even open. When I click on the icon I get the opening screen and then it crashes 'back to desktop'

I only bought it after I installed iOS8 so I'm wondering if it's related to that.

'Just works' my ass :lol:

Answered my own question!

Seems Moog have an update in for testing

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22198

If you go through the comments on discchord a bunch of people have posted what is and isnt working:
http://discchord.com/blog/2014/9/17/ios ... inger.html

Good to hear!

For anyone who's in the same situation i was in:

I just bought an iPad Air which is my first apple product. It said on their website garageband was free but if you search the app store, it's not. If you search for iLive instead, it will be in that bundle .. for free! Great way to spend an hour figuring that out! ^_^
:hug:

tehlord wrote:Answered my own question!

Actually the updated iPhone version of Animoog hit the AppStore this AM. Seems Moog needs to work on their communication skills.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:The AudioBus problem is related to the apps needing an update.

It has nothing to do with the apps requiring AudioBus to work properly. It just means that the version of AudioBus they reference if you do happen to use AudioBus is outdated and won't work on iOS 8.

You can safely ignore the message.

As for iConnect - both audio and MIDI are working OK here with iOS 8. I use the iConnectMIDI4+, but that should not make any difference, it's pretty much the same device. It took a few attempts to get audio going (I had to re-select the iConnectMIDI for the aggregate device) but it seems to works fine otherwise.

Peace,
Andy.
Apparently waiting a day and turning on the Windows machine fixes things. Like magic! I just wish magic worked more often. Well had to reset the midi output of another app and it also worked. So now it's ok for the iCM2.

iOS 8 however is giving a bogus message on the music apps. I tried to update the SP Pro bit can't figure out how to update it. I am not use to Apple products and I am sure it is something very simple thing to do.

If you're not using iTunes to download and sync updates, open the App Store app on your device. The "Updates" page should list all the apps with updates available ...

Peace,
Andy.

Aural Chaos wrote:
tehlord wrote:Answered my own question!

Actually the updated iPhone version of Animoog hit the AppStore this AM. Seems Moog needs to work on their communication skills.

Most recent iPad version is showing up as 2.1.1 on 22 Jun 2013 so hopefully the update will follow shortly

FWIW updates (and newly released apps) don't always appear in all counties at the same time ... sometimes it takes a few hours (up to 24 hours, but it's usually quicker than that these days). Same goes for changes to prices - it can take a little while to roll out around the world.

Trust me to buy an iPad the week it all goes tits up :lol: *

* I am aware of it's tits up status well before I joined the club.....

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”