Roland SH-2 Plug-Out (and in)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hoping this means a D-50 next.

Don't hold your breath.

By the looks of this, the Aira tech is all about analog modelling, so the old Roland SH monosynths come first, followed by some more sophisticated synths such as the modular System-100 type stuff.

*If* we get to polyphony (remember, these plugins also run in the System-1 hardware which is DSP constrained) then look to things like the Junos, Jupiters and possibly the JX/MKS stuff, but that's if the System-1 is powerful enough to run those with the correct polyphony (or they bring out more sophisticated/powerful System hardware - eg a System-2 keyboard which looks more like a Juno or Jupiter control layout, much like the System-1 looks like an SH-monosynth type layout)

I don't think the D-50, or other digital synths like the JD stuff is really what their Aira technology and marketing message is all about.

Of course, if the plugins sell well, then Roland will probably be more open to continuing to expand their plugin line with other emulations, which would be great.

they might make a System-2 which is polyphonic :wink:

Kriminal wrote:they might make a System-2 which is polyphonic :wink:
Yes, that's exactly what I suggested in post immediately prior to yours.

Cool

beely wrote:
Kriminal wrote:they might make a System-2 which is polyphonic :wink:
Yes, that's exactly what I suggested in post immediately prior to yours.

Oh... i read it but didnt see that. Did yoy edit it?

Anyway... :tu:

db3 wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:What about at :05? What's that thing sitting on the keyboard stand?
Looks like 2 SH-2 to his left when he sits down. Then there's something smaller lower down in front - perhaps SH-101. Promars and System100/M stuff behind.
No, I'm talking about that Ariaesque thing.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Turn on, plug in, plug out Image

Numanoid wrote:Turn on, plug in, plug out
That was very funny :D 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zerocrossing wrote:
db3 wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:What about at :05? What's that thing sitting on the keyboard stand?
Looks like 2 SH-2 to his left when he sits down. Then there's something smaller lower down in front - perhaps SH-101. Promars and System100/M stuff behind.
No, I'm talking about that Ariaesque thing.
it's a TB-3 and VT-3 sitting side by side with the TR-8 behind them. nothing new.

This plugin sounds dang good. I'm just going to wait a week instead of hastily going into hypotheticals. I don't think the price is unexpected. A lot of companies seem to have tons of features in a soft synth instead focusing more on sound. I feel like Roland went the other way surprisingly and focused on the sound. We shall see/hear in a week, but I like what they are doing. Didn't think software could be the answer, but Roland seems to be proving otherwise.

Ableton support just got back to me they say they think Ableton Live will never be compatible with VST 3.

That means Ableton users on Windows will never be able to use Rolands plugins.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”