AudioDeluxe - weird thing...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thinking of upgrading my regular Izotope RX3 software to an RX4 advanced license at AudioDeluxe.com.

To be able to upgrade, they want me to give them my serial of the license I want to upgrade, http://audiodeluxe.com/izotope-upgrade

Hey, they want me to give away the serial number to a software I´ve bought??? :nutter:

What´s the deal?

They are a legitimate company and probably need to run your code by Izotope in order to verify your eligible for a upgrade..
:borg:

And wheres the problem? I think the serial is needed within the update process they have to deal with iZotope.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

V0RT3X wrote:They are a legitimate company and probably need to run your code by Izotope in order to verify your eligible for a upgrade..
Indeed, I did the same thing to check the upgrade price for Alloy. It's perfectly safe.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Yeah, no worries, I did the same thing a few days ago. Still not tempted to upgrade, though ... not that much cheaper to go through AD than iZotope, at least in my case. Will wait for RX5, which, if present trends continue, should be here any day now. :D

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Yeah, they should give you an upgrade without proof of ownership.

:roll:

Karten wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:They are a legitimate company and probably need to run your code by Izotope in order to verify your eligible for a upgrade..
Indeed, I did the same thing to check the upgrade price for Alloy. It's perfectly safe.
I also got Alloy 2 from AudioDeluxe that way. No reason to worry.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

klagga wrote:Thinking of upgrading my regular Izotope RX3 software to an RX4 advanced license at AudioDeluxe.com.

To be able to upgrade, they want me to give them my serial of the license I want to upgrade, http://audiodeluxe.com/izotope-upgrade

Hey, they want me to give away the serial number to a software I´ve bought??? :nutter:

What´s the deal?
I'd be careful if I were you, maybe they're trying to steal your copy for themselves, cheeky monkeys...

Return to “Effects”