shuffle keys in Kontakt with a script

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a little fun idea I had... try it on a drum kit.
http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/20 ... ntakt.html

this is such badassery :D :hail: :hail: thanks SOOO much, ZQ!!!

while I can totally get this script to apply from the "apply from" CLIPBOARD option... when I save key_shuffler.txt in what ***I*** expect to be the right place (C:\Users\me\documents\native instruments\Kontakt 5\scripts) ...Kontakt 5 tells me "WRONG LINK" error ... i mean...dude... after I've stored it in the path above, I even see "key_shuffler" as a menu option from the "apply from" menu... wtf? :ud:
(also...on a whim, I just tried to load in the factory scripts menu location: c:\program files\common files\native instruments\Kontakt 5\scripts... same "WRONG LINK" error message... I've studied the files and they're all encoded in ANSI...no weirdness there...but SOMETHING is preventing this txt file from being loaded as a script ;)

In ANY case, I will continue to load it from clipboard because this is such a cool tool!

Thanks again for the script and for ANY insight as to what my user error is :oops: ...I am stumped

No idea what's with "wrong" link, but I have no Kontakt 5 anyway. Maybe it's some misconfiguration, if it doesn't load factory scripts too. You should have script preset menu, so maybe try to save it as a preset, to avoid clipboard action.

I have been playing with this and I have some new ideas, so I will probably update the post tomorrow. Adding option to exclude keys of choice from randomizing, so I could have e.g. kick and snare running all the time and just shuffle other sounds. Second idea, add random tuning option, again with drums in mind. Now, I'm off... zzzz....

...updated. Here's a tryout of new features. I'm testing it on Kontakt factory 808 kit, throwing a pack of samples from Waveshaper to the pool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV9jYwdq0eU

OMFG :hyper:

The Scottish people may of let me down this morning but you certainly have not.

This is absolutely wonderful, the kind of function that every drum and sequencing plugin should have and doesn't. and you just designed it.

How the hell can I donate ? do you have any commercial sound sets for sale ?

again thanks so much, you are a total star. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you. If you like self-randomizing drum machine idea, you may enjoy this.

wicked, will purchase

do you own D16 redoptor or devastor ?

topaz wrote:do you own D16 redoptor or devastor ?
No, I don't have anything from D16. Somehow I didn't have much interest in virtual distortions, I feel I have this field covered by TH2.

Ok, I was to going to offer to transfer them to you
But will grab your offering on bandcamp

Again thanks for a great script :-)

topaz wrote:Ok, I was to going to offer to transfer them to you
Oh, I haven't seen that coming. I'm sorry, if I seemed rude. Didn't mean to sound negative.

Also, excuse me for one more little update, concerning small a fix and a small improvement in functionality.

No problem :-)

I purchased your drum machine plus a little donation.

Thanks again

Thank you. Hope you will find the machine enjoyable. It is based on the same principle as the shuffler, but it can apply algorithmic randomness also to rhythms, melodies or effect send levels.

Wouldn't it bee good to trigger shuffle/reset buttons by midi note? Automating buttons with sliders sucks, imo.

That could probably done with a note to cc multiscript

Probably... But I just integrated it 'natively' to the script. Updated at the very end of that blog post which grows more and more confusing...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”