How to create this sound

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all! This is my first post, I'm very happy to be part of this community.
I have one question. I've just started with music design and I really want to ask you what kind of sound is this. The sound is from Martin Garrix's song Proxy and it starts in this video between 0:17 and 0:18.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL68KMMayxU
I think that is some kind of FX but I'm not really sure. Can you help me out please? Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

-Kindly regards, Dominik

Bandpassed supersaw, probably done in Sylenth1. Shouldn't be too difficult to reproduce.

It doesn't sound too hard to make, is supersaw something special or it's also not so hard to make?

I tried to make supersaw and add bandpass filter to it in sylenth1 but I don't hear that effective sound.
I wouldn't be surprised if Garrix took the sound from some preset pack but I can't find any packs with sound like that.
All sylenth1 packs are just house sounds which are for leads and basses I think.

Well, there's also reverb, EQ, compresson and what not on it. So it is no wonder that you won't nail the sound 100%. It's a common misbelief IMO that you will be able to nail a sound 100% when you let all the other aspects of music production aside. Of course all the sounds in that track have been heavily processed. That's why they sound so good.

Thanks for clearing that out for me :)
I hope I'll be able to create something like that one day.
Do you have some advices on where should I learn how to re-create sounds?
I can think out just one thing, and that is downloading preset packs and check out what has been added to the sound.

Go through some synths preset, and choose one which is near the sound you want to do, and check how it has been done. On the other hand, nothing beats your own experiences and experimenting. I never "backward engineered" a preset, because that's not the way i want to learn synthesis. You find out so much stuff yourself, and IMO learn so much more. But each to its like of course.

Also definitely check out Youtube, there's loads of tutorials there. :)

Thank you so much :)

Return to “Sound Design”