Cubase 7.5 stock reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:
AstralExistence wrote: its a hidden fact steinberg doesn't like people to mention or want to know.
Aha... :P
AstralExistence wrote: what i say is true though.
Well, without a solid proof or source, you could claim anything here, how would people know if you're telling the truth (with which i mean you're telling things which have been confirmed by officials, or trustworth people, and not something you read somewhere else or anything)?
believe it or not im actually one of the oldest and earliest kvr members back to 2 other usernames. i just come back when i have a new project or am starting music again after a long break. anyway, i know this to be true. i believe it when you say that you don't know this. as said, steinberg wants to sweep this under the rug. and they have obviously done a very good job at doing so. just don't be fooled, the cubase reverbs are nothing special. i have nothing against cubase i myself just rebought elements 7. but im still finding that i get asio overloads. its so sad. ive always loved cubase.

I only know the Roomworks SE reverb from Cubase, and it's surely not the best, agreed. I like the free Oldskoolverb from Voxengo more for example. But i don't see why they'd want to sweep this under the rug, especially as Ambiance is known to be one of the best free reverbs there is. I mean it's not really a bad thing if the Roomworks thing was built on Ambiance, why would it. Still, if you'd link to the source of your claims, it would be very helpful, otherwise it's nothing but a rumour.

chk071 wrote:I only know the Roomworks SE reverb from Cubase, and it's surely not the best, agreed. I like the free Oldskoolverb from Voxengo more for example. But i don't see why they'd want to sweep this under the rug, especially as Ambiance is known to be one of the best free reverbs there is. I mean it's not really a bad thing if the Roomworks thing was built on Ambiance, why would it. Still, if you'd link to the source of your claims, it would be very helpful, otherwise it's nothing but a rumour.
your right, all steinberg post on the cubase forums are gone about this. haha go figure. anyway, its a fact. no worries. ill leave it at that. maybe some other very old kvr member who has has been around a very long time can vouch for this.

AstralExistence wrote:they don't. not even a real comparison. the cubase algorithmic reverbs are based on the free smart electronix ambiance. the new reverb is also ambiance with some added code.
AstralExistence wrote: i have nothing against cubase i myself just rebought elements 7.
Elements 7 doesn't include REVerence, REVelation or Roomworks, only Roomworks SE that is a lo-fi version of Roomworks. You simply don't know what you are talking about and I'm personally sick and tired of you trying to pass your prejudices as opinions all along this forum.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

standalone wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:they don't. not even a real comparison. the cubase algorithmic reverbs are based on the free smart electronix ambiance. the new reverb is also ambiance with some added code.
AstralExistence wrote: i have nothing against cubase i myself just rebought elements 7.
Elements 7 doesn't include REVerence, REVelation or Roomworks, only Roomworks SE that is a lo-fi version of Roomworks. You simply don't know what you are talking about and I'm personally sick and tired of you trying to pass your prejudices as opinions all along this forum.
yep :shrug:

i never said i only owned elements.

Roomworks is just as bad as RoomworksSE...

What AstralExistence says is true. I rememer having read in a Computer Music review that the Cubase reverb (whatever it was called) actually IS Ambience (not in these exact words, but it was pretty clear).
If one cares to search the CM past issues, it shouldn't be hard to find, it's the CM review of the first version of Cubase where this reverb appeared (I mean, if for example the reverb was first included with Cubase SX 3.1, look for the CM review of SX 3.1).

Having said that, I don't see what this has to do with the reverb quality. You don't use it because of it's pedigree but because of it's sound, right?
If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kick-boxing.

Oh, Roomworks is definitely Ambience, no doubt about it. That "Hold" feature is a dead giveaway.

To add to what cimoc said: I find it to be a perfectly serviceable reverb. The killer verb in the 7.5 collection now is the REVelation reverb. A stunning, ever-to-be-underrated algo reverb. Cubase finally got it right with this one (maybe they finally outsourced to the right people?)

bduffy wrote:Oh, Roomworks is definitely Ambience, no doubt about it. That "Hold" feature is a dead giveaway.

To add to what cimoc said: I find it to be a perfectly serviceable reverb. The killer verb in the 7.5 collection now is the REVelation reverb. A stunning, ever-to-be-underrated algo reverb. Cubase finally got it right with this one (maybe they finally outsourced to the right people?)
REVelation wasn't outsourced, it's created by their own dev team.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
bduffy wrote:Oh, Roomworks is definitely Ambience, no doubt about it. That "Hold" feature is a dead giveaway.

That was meant as a joke.

bduffy wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

Ah, ok, you never know :tu:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
bduffy wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

Ah, ok, you never know :tu:
Literally! I don't know if they outsourced or not. Even if they say it's their own team, that could mean people they bring for projects. Not that it matters, terribly. :)

No, I know the dev myself, 100 % Steinberg.

Some of the formerly Wizooverb developers are now working for Steinberg. The new algorithmic reverb "REValation" is using Afaik algorithms from Wizooverb without the convolution part.
Anyway, this latest reverb is a very good high quality reverb without much coloring and not much CPU usage.

I thought ReVelation was meant to be the reverb from Halion - it has exactly the same controls but with an added modulation section

It sounds pretty similar too - nice for sense of space, not so sure about it for Lexicon-esque fx thickening but it is free (sort of)
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Return to “Effects”