Sick & Tired of the AU Spec! Alternatives? Does Reaper on Mac Allow MIDI Out From Plugs?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vallisoftware, are you talking about the LPX version of Cthulhu? I believe the whole point of that release is to no longer use the IAC... if used as a MIDI FX plugin in Logic Pro X... the latest demo includes 3 versions: VST, AU and LPX.

Protocol_b wrote:Vallisoftware, are you talking about the LPX version of Cthulhu? I believe the whole point of that release is to no longer use the IAC... if used as a MIDI FX plugin in Logic Pro X... the latest demo includes 3 versions: VST, AU and LPX.
Yes I am.
The Cthulhu MIDI FX plugin works just fine and sends the output to the instrument you have loaded on the same track on as the Cthulhu MIDI FX plug and yes you don't need to use IAC anymore, but…

If you want to MIDI Record the output of what Cthulthu is sending out from it's MIDI FX plugin, you have to put that MIDI FX plugin on an instrument track called "External Instrument" and route that out to IAC or MIDI hardware and create another instrument track to receive that output from the Cthulhu MIDI FX plugin.
That's how all MIDI FX plugins work if you want to capture the MIDI output from an MIDI FX plugin including the ones that Logic Pro X supply.

Let me know and I'll post a short video tutorial on that.

ValliSoftware wrote: Now the bad news, I just check and Cthulhu only allows you to select from a IAC port. It should allow you to select from any OUT port including MIDI hardware devices.
Sorry, meant to say here the non-MIDI FX plugin version

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”