New T-racks API Eqs !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:Oh well i finally know what my spare credits are going on
:hihi:

At $149, I won't be getting these. Not even with half price credits. Gonna go for Waves methinks. This could change but i doubt it. Much better deal.

Strange, in the intro video posted on youtube that I watched this morning (at work), it shows the credits per EQ to be 100credits. However, when you go to custom shop, each EQ is listed at 125 credits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI31Cx1KoN0

Perhaps, these EQs will see a price drop, following the summer sale? Any who, still have to test these EQs, but I already have the Waves API collection...

jrides wrote:At $149, I won't be getting these. Not even with half price credits. Gonna go for Waves methinks. This could change but i doubt it. Much better deal.
What I meant was 149 bucks to get 500 (and that is 125 to spare) credits and then have all 3. With waves, you have to go with purchasing the two different eq's and I don't think they are currently on sale.

These sounded great in the video, yet I don't think I'd need all three. I still haven't demoed the Neve ones yet, nor the Master EQ 32.

There's a real risk with the credits system. I bought 200 credits a while back & spent 100 on the bus comp. I saved the other 100 for an upcoming plugin; all new plugs were 100 credits. Out of nowhere, IK upped the prices to 125, even the stuff that was 100 previously.

I've been pretty happy with IK in the past, but thought that was a major douche-bag move. Cruel, in fact :x :clap:

audiosabre wrote:These sounded great in the video, yet I don't think I'd need all three. I still haven't demoed the Neve ones yet, nor the Master EQ 32.
I demoed the Neves and went with the 73, great on the drum buss, and I'm thinking the same as you on the APIs. Gonna A/B them with my Waves versions and see if it's worth the credits.

There was complaining about the cash vs. IK credit price, so instead of lowering the higher cash price, they raised the lower IK credit price... especially in light of credits being on sale.

I'm probably going to go ahead and load up on credits, but I don't think I'll be using any of them right away.

Let's see what the next products, collections and sales are.

I do like these, though... good job, guys!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

ftech wrote:Gonna A/B them with my Waves versions and see if it's worth the credits.
So, umm, yeah. I think it's worth the credits :tu:

ftech wrote:
ftech wrote:Gonna A/B them with my Waves versions and see if it's worth the credits.
Please elaborate.

Can someone do the math for me here please ? How many gear credits do these cost and what would be the actual price taking into consideration the half price gear credit deal going on now.........thanks. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

AudioGuy720 wrote:
ftech wrote:
Please elaborate.
I set up the Waves API EQ's as close to the IK as possible and, while they were very close to each other sonically, to my ears, the IK models seem to have a little more punch, as well as a certain smoothness, to them.
I also like the IK's pre-amp and the control to set input and output levels.

I prefer the sound of the IK models, but only just, and i could quite happily just stick with the Waves version, but as gear credits are half price just now......well, you know.

Teksonik wrote:Can someone do the math for me here please ? How many gear credits do these cost and what would be the actual price taking into consideration the half price gear credit deal going on now.........thanks. :)
It's very simple. Gear credits can be purchased in the IK online sales page or within custom shop. If you choose to buy gear via credits, you will have to download custom shop and redeem your credits within custom shop to make gear related purchases. In terms of credits, the higher the gear pack, the better the single credit value is.
Currently, you could buy the 500 credit pack for $150 USD, which will afford you to get all 3 EQs for 375credits (since each EQ is 125 credits) with 125 credits remaining for another product.

I think right now you can get 500 credits for $150.

That's 30 cents a credit.

125 x $0.3 = $37.50

$37.50 x 3 plug-ins = $112.50

That also leaves a balance of 125 credits... just enough to buy another 125 credit plug-in or...

EDIT: previous poster beat me to it.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

If one has the 4-band EQ already, is it worth getting the 3-band EQ at all?

I mean what can you do with the 3-band, what you can't do with the 4-band?

At Waves, the 550A and 550B come bundled together, which makes sense.
Strage to sell these two plug-ins seperately... the only difference being one more band?

ftech wrote:
AudioGuy720 wrote:
ftech wrote:
Please elaborate.
I set up the Waves API EQ's as close to the IK as possible and, while they were very close to each other sonically, to my ears, the IK models seem to have a little more punch, as well as a certain smoothness, to them.
I also like the IK's pre-amp and the control to set input and output levels.

I prefer the sound of the IK models, but only just, and i could quite happily just stick with the Waves version, but as gear credits are half price just now......well, you know.
Agreed, compared the same settings using IK & Waves API yesterday on some drums and preferred the sound of the IK. That's without even using the preamp which sounds great to me.

Return to “Effects”