Ik's 1176 is killer - also some great T Racks stuff hey?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks again Burillo, and Peter. I dived in and demoed some compressors, and like them so far. I will probably buy the vintage compressor bundle, or whatever it's called. Don't really like the custom shop though: I don't need all the ik plugs installing thanks very much, there are only a few I'm interested in. And for goodness sake just charge real money and keep it simple please!

yeah that's weird i noticed it installed everything where as in the past would only install when i restored gear. I had to manually move all the demos out to my au disabled folder. Silly oversight IMO.

IIRs wrote:And for goodness sake just charge real money and keep it simple please!
We do, you can buy any of the gear on our site too: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr ... e-versions

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
IIRs wrote:And for goodness sake just charge real money and keep it simple please!
We do, you can buy any of the gear on our site too: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr ... e-versions
Yeah, well the problem with that is that you'll pay more, perhaps a LOT more, for the plugins. Right now, credit packs are on sale, as you know. That means you can get the very same item for half-off or more when buying through the Custom Shop with credits, versus buying from the website using money.

Example: the EQ 73 plugin is 125 credits in CS, or $125 on the site. But a pack of 150 credits (why you can't buy a pack that corresponds to the plugin price is a mystery) is $60. So you'll pay more than double for the privilege of not using credits.

You see the problem? People don't like to think they're missing out on the best price, and the best price depends on so many factors that it's nearly impossible to know what that is. It's like buying airline tickets -- everyone pays a different price for the same thing, and nobody really knows whether they got a good deal or not. That isn't the best way to make customers feel good about buying this stuff.

Now, I do think the Custom Shop might be a neat idea for Amplitube, but T-RackS plugins are a different line of products with a different purpose. It would be SO much easier if IK would simply take those out of Custom Shop, sell them from the website, not make it necessary to install the massive CS app to demo or run them, and price them clearly in real currency. The various promos (discounts, BOGOs, Group Buys, etc.) are fine and dandy, and instead of bulk credit discounts, perhaps a plugin bundle discount, as other vendors offer, would make sense. I wouldn't want to have a new system that results in higher net prices, of course! :D

Please take this as one guy's honest opinion, who happens to be a big fan of IK's products and has bought a lot of them over the years.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Agreed, not keen on custom shop with bloated install. :x
That said, I picked up British White Channel today (thanks to Peter's half price credits tip). Couldn't find much love on the net, but I'm really digging it. :phones:

Eddie, you summed up my feelings pretty well. I did buy that compressor bundle today, but have already been informed of an update, and had the entire range of plugs installed again. So I have to clean my plugins folder every time ik update any of them? :ud:

Anyway back to the topic: I did some shootouts with my other equivalents, and the ik plugs came out tops on some sources but not all. I liked them on vocals, bass guitar and drum overheads in this particular mix, but the NI plugs worked better for kick and snare. The Rocket was better still though: nailed both straight away. ;)

Eddie TX wrote: The latest Black 76 does model the transformers ... they added that feature to both this and the White 2A a year or two ago.
Just making sure that wasn't missed. I've heard that this wasn't clear to some. Thanks!

hibidy wrote: I use the NI/softube one on my bass recordings. Seems to work magic. Yes, it would be great if there was an IK one
yes, I'm using it too. But it I'm trying to lessen the plugins that I have. Just thinking about getting sknote 165 and selling my NI Vintage Compressors.

Eddie TX wrote: The latest Black 76 does model the transformers ... they added that feature to both this and the White 2A a year or two ago.
Just making sure that wasn't missed. I've heard that this wasn't clear to some. Thanks!

well that also explains the mojo i heard or "felt".. so one ear picked it up, and i am not nuts! well not about that, anyway.

TheoM wrote:

well that also explains the mojo i heard or "felt".. so one ear picked it up, and i am not nuts! well not about that, anyway.
:D I see what you did there. But seriously, yes you picked up on it correctly and I'm glad you noticed.

Return to “Effects”