Is omnisphere still king?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote:
Robmobius wrote:I.........
That said over the last few weeks I've been back at it, and it sounds better then most of the other soft synths around. It's really easy to tweak presets and even make your own. The filters and FX are class. It does'nt have some of the newer options,.......

Bought Trillian recently. It's excellent as well, but it would have been cooler if it had some of the syntheses options omni has.

Maybe in an update! :)
hi, you do know you can 'put' trilian in omnisphere and be able to do all the synthesis options you want there right?

rsp
I only just got Trillian the other day, so I'm still learning (not that it's complex to be fair). I was aware that Omni could load in its waveforms. But can you actually use Omni's syntheses parameters on Trialian's patches. Christ! if so... MONSTER! :)

I'll check now btw... :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

lionscub68 wrote:oh, you wacky kids.
Are you never satisfied?
You've been here for 7 years and you still don't know the answer to that? :P
[Insert Signature Here]

Robmobius wrote:But can you actually use Omni's syntheses parameters on Trialian's patches.
Indeed you can. It just appears as the Trilian library within Omnisphere. TBH I never open Trilian, I use Omni for everything.

It's been fantastic to see the 3rd party market really taking off (after several years), and that's really helped keep Omni fresh while Eric is presumably off re-inventing the musical wheel. The Unfinished have a new soundset out tomorrow (all Matt's stuff is excellent), and PluginGuru's new Trilian bank is very good (even though it takes me an hour to batch rename them all to get rid of the horrible and mostly useless generic prefixes), and Toxic was fantastic.

I checked today - I now have 3,000 3rd party patches. The tagging is so important, wish everyone was as consistent with the Spectrasonics method as The Unfinished. The breadth and depth that Omni covers - even more so with the 3rd party contributions - is phenomenal.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

the only drawback is that you don't currently see third party trilian patches in omnisphere.

rsp
sound sculptist

Trillian is missing many features of Omnisphere but once you have both Trilian and Omnisphere installed you can load trilian presets and samples in Omnisphere and use all Omnispheres features on the Trillian samples and presets. When you have both installed update them and you can download a freebie preset library from Spectrasonics that adds presets that make use of both trilian and Opnisphere samples.

noiseboyuk wrote:
Robmobius wrote:But can you actually use Omni's syntheses parameters on Trialian's patches.
Indeed you can. It just appears as the Trilian library within Omnisphere. TBH I never open Trilian, I use Omni for everything.

It's been fantastic to see the 3rd party market really taking off (after several years), and that's really helped keep Omni fresh while Eric is presumably off re-inventing the musical wheel. The Unfinished have a new soundset out tomorrow (all Matt's stuff is excellent), and PluginGuru's new Trilian bank is very good (even though it takes me an hour to batch rename them all to get rid of the horrible and mostly useless generic prefixes), and Toxic was fantastic.

I checked today - I now have 3,000 3rd party patches. The tagging is so important, wish everyone was as consistent with the Spectrasonics method as The Unfinished. The breadth and depth that Omni covers - even more so with the 3rd party contributions - is phenomenal.
Wow!! That's awesome news... Thanks for letting me know.
Omni is now the true king... :party:

Thanks also for the heads up re. the third party stuff. I'll definitely have a gander for those. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

In fact, "The Unfinished" has primo 3rd party patch offerings for Omni & Trilian.
No, I don't work for him.
But I swear by his patch work (and the patches I've designed, of course. :)
In fact he just released a new library (with a discount code if you get his newsletter)

Usually I don't toot other people's horns for them :party:
But his patches make it into my final ditties, quite a few of them, so far.

lionscub68 wrote:In fact, "The Unfinished" has primo 3rd party patch offerings for Omni & Trilian.
No, I don't work for him.
But I swear by his patch work (and the patches I've designed, of course. :)
In fact he just released a new library (with a discount code if you get his newsletter)

Usually I don't toot other people's horns for them :party:
But his patches make it into my final ditties, quite a few of them, so far.
25 bucks at the moment too! I've just had a listen to the demo on sound cloud. They sound great!

zvenx wrote:the only drawback is that you don't currently see third party trilian patches in omnisphere.
That's true, though there is a very good workaround. The only Trilian patches I know of are by the aforementioned The Unfinished and PluginGuru. In both cases, they bundle 2 versions - one for Trilian, one for Omni (though the latter will only work if you also have Trilian). TBH I didn't even install PluginGuru's Trilian variant - it takes a while to get rid of their strange naming system on all their patches, damned if I'm doing it twice! :)
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I still wonder why would Omnisphere be a King at all, not just ,,Still''.
King of what? Synthezis? HELL NO! Sampler? HELL NO!
Might be a great and holy smokes of a good sounds of library
but nowhere near a king, especially in the 2 things i mentioned above.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:I still wonder why would Omnisphere be a King at all, not just ,,Still''.
King of what? Synthezis? HELL NO! Sampler? HELL NO!
Might be a great and holy smokes of a good sounds of library
but nowhere near a king, especially in the 2 things i mentioned above.
It was a typo... 'still king' was suppose to be 'the stall king'.
As in there's still no idea of when an up to date version will ever be released.

BBFG# wrote:It was a typo... 'still king' was suppose to be 'the stall king'.
As in there's still no idea of when an up to date version will ever be released.
:zzz:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Happy 20th Anniversary to Spectrasonics! Today is the day, can't wait for some big announcement :)

and I proudly say that after all, Omnisphere (specially with Trilian as an expander) is still the king to me.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

The best music software investment I've ever made, without a doubt.

Return to “Instruments”