Emulator X3 vs the hardware. Similar enough? Run on Windows 8?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robotmonkey wrote:
Compyfox wrote:Was X3 actually released as VSTi?
Yes, and there's XL-1 library also. X3 lacks the "beats" mode and arps that are on the hardware but otherwise it's quite close. X3 is a good way to get all the EMU module sounds. I have all the libraries and that includes most modules including all the Proteus modules, Orbits, Mo'Phatt, PX7, and XL1.
I am considering the Orbits and Mo'Phatt myself. Tested the latter once, liked the sound. If anything fails, there is still the DigitalSoundFactory bundle for 99 bucks.

But in order to jump on the X3 game, I need funds first.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

So it's no longer authorized/activated by CR? I have some very unpleasant experiences from the past (like Wizooverb)

szurcio wrote:So it's no longer authorized/activated by CR? I have some very unpleasant experiences from the past (like Wizooverb)
Nope, still CR. And the state Creative has been lately I would not be too optimistic about the activation servers staying up for much longer. EMU has been dead for many years already and Creative has financially gone downhill for several years too. Though, a Creative support rep told me lately that there are some new people in EMU since the May but nobody at EMU has answered any of my emails.
No signature here!

ah, bad news - so major hardware changes (like a new hard drive) will require re-activation?

I HATE the fact that it's CR. I depend on X3 for both for live use with my Fishman Triple Play and for the fact that, AFAIK, it's the only soft sampler that does a decent job of SAMPLING. I know nothing lasts forever but......
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Return to “Instruments”