Roland D-50 Emulations???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah baby

I really need to get the D50 card for my V-Synth

Turello wrote:.............if I wanna collaborate with You on a project not sure this kind of protection guarantee a compatibility, hope You understand what I said...
Not sure if I am following you. But if I am, you do know whether iloked or not, you aren't suppose to (with most plugins) be able to send the plugin to your collaborator for their use in the project?
Most software is licensed to you exclusively or sometimes your machine exclusively.
rsp
sound sculptist

"Cheap Op-Amp" Modeling?
They do it with drifting analog oscillators and organ leaky/failing tubes.
Since it was a complaint and admission in the original,
perhaps part of it's character is dependent on them?

cocoazenith wrote:"Roland will be releasing a number of software titles, called PLUG-OUTS, that work like a typical plug-in (Windows or Mac). No hardware is needed to run them. These titles will emulate some of Roland’s most prized synthesizers and will utilize the above mentioned ACB technology."
And the next one has just been announced: the SH-2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBfiCOOiyOg

beely wrote:
cocoazenith wrote:"Roland will be releasing a number of software titles, called PLUG-OUTS, that work like a typical plug-in (Windows or Mac). No hardware is needed to run them. These titles will emulate some of Roland’s most prized synthesizers and will utilize the above mentioned ACB technology."
And the next one has just been announced: the SH-2.
This is a joke, right? Taken from Vintage Synth Explorer: "It sounds much like the SH-101 synth, including the typical SH-style sub-oscillator. But the SH-2 employed 2 oscillators for a much fatter sound."

So, for someone who already got the SH-101, why should they spend money on something that is pretty much the same thing, with just another oscillator?
Fernando (FMR)

FIlters are designed differently between SH-2 and SH-101.

SH-2: four OTA-stages with selected BA662 with FET transistors as buffers
SH-101: four OTA-stages integrated in Roland IR3109 chip

SH-2 has a discrete filter. It does make it sound different from the IC variant.

EvilDragon wrote:FIlters are designed differently between SH-2 and SH-101.

SH-2: four OTA-stages with selected BA662 with FET transistors as buffers
SH-101: four OTA-stages integrated in Roland IR3109 chip

SH-2 has a discrete filter. It does make it sound different from the IC variant.
Maybe, but it's like having two kinds of red hot chillies to use. I would rather have other spices added than another variant of the same red hot chilly. But I'm not their target market, anyway, I guess.

Besides, the Jupiter-4 was made with different filters, and I never saw that mentioned as an important difference anywhere (up to today I didn't even know). According to this site: http://fa.utfs.org/diy/roland_filters/ "up to Serial number 800800: four OTA-stages with selected BA662 with FET transistors as Buffers. Serial number higher than 800800: four OTA-stages integrated in a Roland IR3109". And those are the same two configurations listed above, by coincidence. Seems like the second is an upgrade of the first design, with all transistors in a chip, nothing else.

And the chip filter is the same one included in the Juno-60 and the Jupiter-8, among others, so, it must be a good filter.
Last edited by fmr on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Not all red chiles have the same flavor.
It is the mistake of many to only rate scovilles and never address the flavor points of each.

But with either of the SH, how much do they have to do with a D550 emulation?

BBFG# wrote:Not all red chiles have the same flavor.
There are no two that taste exactly the same, but they all taste like red chillies... That's the point. Concentrate in the red chillies makes one ignore ALL the other flavours. Personally, one red chilly is more than enough for me.
Last edited by fmr on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

BBFG# wrote: But with either of the SH, how much do they have to do with a D550 emulation?
They didn't even reached the Jupiter-4, and you are talking about the D-550? At this rate, maybe in 10 years from now (but they will give up much sooner) :lol:
Last edited by fmr on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

@zvenx: I use my DAW OS lifted of internet and other services so You didn't follow Me... you should assume that my collaborator has my own plugins... Anyway I will survive!!!

And then I also know some employees of Roland \ Edirol ...

... It would not a problem to get the samples of an original D-50 :hihi:

Turello wrote:I use my DAW OS lifted of internet and other services ... It would not a problem to get the samples of an original D-50 :hihi:
:o

Maybe something got lost in the translation, you are legit right?

No and I will not get but I know I can!!! And also in the Web Everyone can find that samples!

Numanoid, You're a Roland member??? o.O

Turello wrote:Numanoid, You're a Roland member??? o.O
Does Roland make DAW's?

Usually when somebody says "lifted", it means stolen ?

Return to “Instruments”