Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Too much of this with the attitude.

"hey, we're not really posting the promo pics here" (which btw I didn't know)

followed by

"Ok, cool, sorry......didn't know"

Case closed.

Here is what somebody asked me earlier in September:
Numanoid wrote:
antithesist wrote:Can you please do this kind as text-only?
It was so easy just to copy the img url, but I'll consider text-only should UVI send another one of this options :wink:
If you go further back there was a rather big dicussion about not using images in the bargain thread.

Karma FX = €49 (+VAT)

So really €61,25 :(

Numanoid wrote:If you go further back there was a rather big dicussion about not using images in the bargain thread.
Well maybe I took it personal because of the discussion earlier yesterday. But ok I can manage :wink: .

hibidy wrote:Too much of this with the attitude.

"hey, we're not really posting the promo pics here" (which btw I didn't know)

followed by

"Ok, cool, sorry......didn't know"

Case closed.
You didn't know it because it's not actually a Bargain Thread rule. That's the point.

A few users complained I suppose due to bandwidth issues or something. So, some of the vendors who regularly post stopped posting large pics along with videos and soundclips as a courtesy.

Honestly, if someone has issues downloading images, I don't see how you visit KVR at all. It's like looking at the Vegas Strip with all of the moving ads.

jsp1979 wrote:A few users complained I suppose due to bandwidth issues or something. So, some of the vendors who regularly post stopped posting large pics along with videos and soundclips as a courtesy.

Honestly, if someone has issues downloading images, I don't see how you visit KVR at all. It's like looking at the Vegas Strip with all of the moving ads.
Amen! I totally agree. If this is not a rule formally then users should avoid posting rules to follow, when there are none and they furthermore are not moderators. In my opinion it's more spamming doing that than posting a tiny picture in the bargain thread.

And I am in no kind of collaboration with vendors/developers or anyone else. I just wanted to share what I found for the other users. Then I got flamed for that. I really can't understand the problem. If I had posted a picture with 2000 x 4000 pixels or something, but the image was very small.

Hans25 wrote:I just wanted to share what I found for the other users. Then I got flamed for that.
Do you call this flaming?:
Numanoid wrote:No need to post a promo image
Talk about playing victim :dog:

Numanoid wrote:Talk about playing victim :dog:
If "playing victim" (I don't think you have a clue of what that means) means noting that you just got a complaining comment for doing a service, then YES I am a victim. Are you a moderator? Are you making the rules? If not then stop enforcing users to do whatever you want.

There were some that went way overboard with tons of big images, soundcloud links, and you had to scroll a couple of pages to get through the post. Those are what caused the problem, and it was mostly just a few outspoken people that decided to make the rule, not really a general consensus. I don't think there is anything wrong with posting images at all. I prefer the images actually. The one he posted was just the right size.

I agree that some regulation is good, but this has gotten to the point of over-regulation, (which is pretty much the problem with all of our governments as well). Let people post images, just don't go overboard with it.

Hans25 wrote:just got a complaining comment for doing a service, then YES I am a victim. Are you a moderator? Are you making the rules? If not then stop enforcing users to do whatever you want
So when you share something it is a service, and when I tip you about discussion that have been previous that is flaming and complaining :roll:

To change course a bit...

I find that ordinary users are much better at determining if a deal is actually interesting than vendors are. The bargains thread has become mostly uninteresting and unhelpful.

amyhughes wrote:I find that ordinary users are much better at determining if a deal is actually interesting than vendors are. The bargains thread has become mostly uninteresting and unhelpful.
Looking at the latest postings, it seems regular users post a bit more than third party sellers, devs don't post that much in the bargain thread.

I find JRR shops postings useful, as they usually have the lowest price.

I am at a point now where the list of plugins available that I want to buy is very short and I do not need anything more than I have to keep me busy trying to make music, so most of the deals do not interest me. I get bored sometimes and just check for something interesting. Other times, like today, I am at home sick, alone, and tired of working remotely on my laptop so I browse around and do a little virtual yacking.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Hans25 wrote:If this is not a rule formally then users should avoid posting rules to follow, when there are none and they furthermore are not moderators.
It's a generally accepted standard. Please stop fighting about it, it was already settled before you got here.
In my opinion it's more spamming doing that than posting a tiny picture in the bargain thread.
You don't understand that these weren't tiny pictures, Numanoid himself got busted last week for posting a picture that was 5x the size of yours. The difference is that he took the correction without fighting about it.
Then I got flamed for that.
I don't think you got flamed. Numanoid's post read as quite cordial and direct to me. I understand that the two of you may have some history that isn't clear to the rest of us, in which case I request that you PM each other to clear it up rather than out in the open here.

bltpyro wrote:There were some that went way overboard with tons of big images, soundcloud links, and you had to scroll a couple of pages to get through the post. Those are what caused the problem, and it was mostly just a few outspoken people that decided to make the rule, not really a general consensus. I don't think there is anything wrong with posting images at all. I prefer the images actually. The one he posted was just the right size.

I agree that some regulation is good, but this has gotten to the point of over-regulation, (which is pretty much the problem with all of our governments as well). Let people post images, just don't go overboard with it.

+1

That really is the sum of it.

I think the biggest complaint came from mobile users. Many people subscribe to the thread and when reading via mobile device, those that did go overboard made it really difficult to navigate.

Otherwise, I don't think a single pic is all that bad. It's not a rule, but like bltpryo says, just don't overdue it (from either way, crazy amounts of embedded media, or policing every bit of media).

The thread is more about notifying people of deals, and less of a place for advertising. That's all.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”