IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

kbaccki wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:when did the "gauging the interest" start... last week?
Post #5875031. Couple posts up.
Actually, I asked about this (specifically "how much would you pay") a good bit before SampleTank 3 was released. And we've been gauging interest all along, as always. We do make decisions based on many factors, including user feedback, and I thank you for yours and all others (even/especially those who cancelled their orders but remain very interested in ST3 apparently) who have contributed here on KVR.

mhog wrote:Come on, it is not that difficult... How many people would have bought ST3 if IK had come out with a ST3 free player?! People who ask for a "ST3 free player" should just buy ST3 via the 99$ upgrade, as everyone else did.
Now why would I go ahead and do that when it has been stated a couple of posts up that IK is "gauging the interest" of a (very?) low-cost version of ST3 that imports legacy libraries? I don't know how many 500GB, 1TB, 2TB drives you have full of just "stuff"... But i can tell you i don't need another 35GB from IK. I don't even have kontakt 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 libraries installed, though I've payed for them. In fact, i even have 2 physical copies of the kontakt 5 library on DVD. Hows that for total waste? I payed for those unused shiny disks. Both sets. So lets just say I'd like to put the kabash on the whole "you must take our 40GB of stuff whether you want it or not."
You need to limit that rez, bro.

I was a little miffed that the ST "Free" version, was actually a Demo player and couldn't import my legacy sounds. Anyway - I needed the ST3 for 64 bit compatibility with Logic X.

At the end of the day -- existing customers need to decide whether or not to pay ~ $100 for editing capability, and a free standing player.. along with the new sounds and 64 bit compatibility. For me -- and in retrospect, now having had this for a few weeks. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was well worth the upgrade costs. I was a fairly vocal complainer when ST 3 was first released/announced - as I had been told the player would be free (if IKM followed their past trajectory) from a company rep. Moving on -- I think the upgrade price is reasonable, given the added benefits.

kbaccki wrote:
mhog wrote:Come on, it is not that difficult... How many people would have bought ST3 if IK had come out with a ST3 free player?! People who ask for a "ST3 free player" should just buy ST3 via the 99$ upgrade, as everyone else did.
Now why would I go ahead and do that when it has been stated a couple of posts up that IK is "gauging the interest" of a (very?) low-cost version of ST3 that imports legacy libraries? I don't know how many 500GB, 1TB, 2TB drives you have full of just "stuff"... But i can tell you i don't need another 35GB from IK. I don't even have kontakt 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 libraries installed, though I've payed for them. In fact, i even have 2 physical copies of the kontakt 5 library on DVD. Hows that for total waste? I payed for those unused shiny disks. Both sets. So lets just say I'd like to put the kabash on the whole "you must take our 40GB of stuff whether you want it or not."
Well, it works like this with every sampler/rompler on the market, I guess. One buys them, then cuts and removes all the useless gbs. At least, I do this way. I use less than 10% of Kontakt factory library, Sampletank, Battery, Omnisphere, Alchemy and EXS24, let alone "external libraries": if Kontakt libraries are more than 1-2 gb I don't buy them, for me all those "100 gb" for one single "ultradefined" instrument are nonsense. For the piano I have Pianoteq, which is 40mb or so. Of all the ST3 "expansions" (moog, miroslav, mellotron, sonik and a dozen of others) I only imported less than 1 gb in ST3. Omnisphere is about 7000 patches, but I just use less than 200 of them. Etc. My policy is "the less the better". I can manage with a 200 gb hhd ("steam", "core", "sage" and "factory libraries" included) since years.

Will ST3 sounds be sold via Custom Shop and paid for there w/ Credits?

Peter, any info on this? If so, when, appox. cost in Credits for sounds, how many, etc.?

The answer to this will affect how many Custom Shop Credits I plan to buy before that promo ends 9/30. So I need this info to make an informed purchase decision in that regard.

Thanks in advance.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
kbaccki wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:when did the "gauging the interest" start... last week?
Post #5875031. Couple posts up.
Actually, I asked about this (specifically "how much would you pay") a good bit before SampleTank 3 was released. And we've been gauging interest all along, as always. We do make decisions based on many factors, including user feedback, and I thank you for yours and all others (even/especially those who cancelled their orders but remain very interested in ST3 apparently) who have contributed here on KVR.
you have that "very interested in ST 3" part wrong... since canceling my ST 3 order... i have purchased Reason 7 with a free Reason 8 upgrade and the NI Komplete Ultimate 10 upgrade... if i was that interested in ST 3... i would own it... right? maybe? plus... with the sonic refills and Reason is sort of like having ST 3... but in my opinion... Reason has better effects and a sequencer... i come to the kvr forum to see/read what is going on in the music software world...

by the way... did the box version ship yet? i remember placing my pre-order for ST 3 in June... cancelled my order in August.. and now September and still no box version... that is according to Sweetwater... again... "very interested in ST 3"... WRONG!!!

:tu:

p.s. i also find the ST 3 thread pretty entertaining... i.e the "double talking" and all!!!

The boxed version is shipping. I said so in this very thread. I can see how you missed it, based on your claim that you really aren't interested in SampleTank 3.

Thanks for the replies and for the continual bumping of this thread, it is appreciated. For those that are unaware, we are shipping the boxed version and it (and the download version) are available at Introductory pricing at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3

There is also a free version so you can demo SampleTank 3 and some great sounds (more sounds coming soon) at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3free

dbender wrote:Will ST3 sounds be sold via Custom Shop and paid for there w/ Credits?

Peter, any info on this? If so, when, appox. cost in Credits for sounds, how many, etc.?

The answer to this will affect how many Custom Shop Credits I plan to buy before that promo ends 9/30. So I need this info to make an informed purchase decision in that regard.

Thanks in advance.
I don't have specific information on the timing or pricing of the content that is coming, but I have asked and when I get information I can share I'll do so. Thanks for the great question.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

... double post ...

Thanks for the replies and for the continual bumping of this thread, it is appreciated.
you are welcome!!!

i would think after having "bumped" ST 3 threads for the last 20 months... i would have received a "thank you" by now!!!

better late than never...

p.s. i know if i did not "bump" the thread... you would have been on the job!!! that is your job... right?

enjoy!!!

dbender wrote:Will ST3 sounds be sold via Custom Shop and paid for there w/ Credits?

Thanks in advance.
I don't have specific information on the timing or pricing of the content that is coming, but I have asked and when I get information I can share I'll do so. Thanks for the great question.
Thanks, Peter. Sounds like "content is coming" and will be via Custom Shop........just a matter of timing and pricing.

neverenoughfunk wrote: by the way... did the box version ship yet? i remember placing my pre-order for ST 3 in June... cancelled my order in August.. and now September and still no box version... that is according to Sweetwater... again... "very interested in ST 3"... WRONG!!!
Hi...Sweetwater just confirmed to me that they just now got the boxed versions and are starting to ship them, although there is a waiting list. I had already converted my order from a boxed version to a download one last week since it was 3 months since I made my pre-order, and Sweetwater hadn't quite received the boxed version yet and I didn't know where I would be on that waiting list once they did. I still think 3 months for a pre-order is too long! And now with the download order, I have to go find a friend with a good internet connection since mine is pretty bad.

megapiano wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote: by the way... did the box version ship yet? i remember placing my pre-order for ST 3 in June... cancelled my order in August.. and now September and still no box version... that is according to Sweetwater... again... "very interested in ST 3"... WRONG!!!
Hi...Sweetwater just confirmed to me that they just now got the boxed versions and are starting to ship them, although there is a waiting list. I had already converted my order from a boxed version to a download one last week since it was 3 months since I made my pre-order, and Sweetwater hadn't quite received the boxed version yet and I didn't know where I would be on that waiting list once they did. I still think 3 months for a pre-order is too long! And now with the download order, I have to go find a friend with a good internet connection since mine is pretty bad.
yes... i received a call from my sweetwater rep yesterday... i cancelled my order... in my opinion... it appears that it is a lot of work to be ik multimedia customer... if the information provided all along was straight forward i would reconsider... but i have pre-ordered K10U and i purchased Reason 7 with the free update to Reason 8 instead of jumping through all those hoops for ST 3...

p.s. hope you enjoy your purchase... i am looking forward to mine...

neverenoughfunk wrote:i cancelled my order...
Now THAT'S something I never properly thanked you for.

Mine is waiting for pickup at my nearby Fed Ex Depot.
Neither me or wife is home today and I requested it to be signed. So I had it sent to Fed Ex Depot instead, which is only
a couple of miles from my home and they are open late :)

I preordered mine from Sweetwater in mid July.

Return to “Instruments”