One-Synth-Challenge #67: Digits by Extent of the Jam (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MTLE wrote:
psmacmur wrote:@MTLE are you talking about the 64-bit OSX build, or were you bridging it on 64-bit?
Sorry, I forgot. I'm running Reaper on Win. I just had the feeling that its different between 32 and 64bit. But also could caused by the totally different external stuff. So just a thought...
Hmm... I'm running OSX 64-bit; don't think there is a 32-bit version. Thanks for the info though; I listened to your track and still hear a little variation in the kick, but not nearly as much as I seem to have. I'll figure something out. Will report back if I find a silver bullet.

z.prime wrote:
MTLE wrote:
psmacmur wrote:@MTLE are you talking about the 64-bit OSX build, or were you bridging it on 64-bit?
Sorry, I forgot. I'm running Reaper on Win. I just had the feeling that its different between 32 and 64bit. But also could caused by the totally different external stuff. So just a thought...
Hmm... I'm running OSX 64-bit; don't think there is a 32-bit version. Thanks for the info though; I listened to your track and still hear a little variation in the kick, but not nearly as much as I seem to have. I'll figure something out. Will report back if I find a silver bullet.
I already noticed that variation. Partly this is wanted, but not this way. I do not send all the kick notes to the same instances and the notes have different length for short kick or huge body. So they have to be different. I tried the even and odd notes, makes it better now. Thanks for information.

At all i have 7 kick instances, except one all have Reso 100% as described above. Works for me.
I will update my track. I recognized that i uploaded wrong file, theres not all automation working and I'll give more headroom for SC. Also mixed the kick section new, but with no changes to the Digits itself.

https://soundcloud.com/deadeddy/boss-number-five
Bossa Nova 5

Ableton Live
9 tracks (tweaked presets) of Digits VST
  • CompEq
  • CompEq-ST
  • MHORSE
  • Ambience
  • Rough Rider (Audio Damage)
Mastering
  • jb_barricade
  • Ambience
Okay. Been away a while. Forgot how much this stuff destresses me. Need to do more of it. Right kids? ;)
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

I posted this link on page 6, but in case anyone missed it and would find a starting point for percussion useful, here it is again.

You have to mix the layers carefully - but I'm sure you can all do this. Let me know if they were useful.

Share and enjoy,

dB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

z.prime wrote:... I'll figure something out. Will report back if I find a silver bullet.
So, I tried a bunch of things... the thing that seemed to help the most to get a consistent sound was this: I created an instance with an okay kick body and a second with a punchy attack transient. Then duplicated both instances... so 4 total, 2 being exact copies, all sounding at the same time. That seemed to mostly smooth out the issues where the attack gets lost - somehow that phase of whatever changes to make the sound lose it's attack differs enough between the instances that they seemed to retain a consistent attack. YMMV. Good luck! :)

Here we go again. I updated my track for this month. I gave the same name, but it disapeared from the list. Maybe it needs to be moderated again.

Technical details do not have changed, just the sound.

https://soundcloud.com/mtle-1/mtle-robots-love-digits

I'm sorry, I need to bother you again with an update of my track.
Today early in the morning and with fresh ears I discovered the missing robots choir. Somebody had muted this. Yesterday night I payed all my attention to qualitity issues.

I'm pretty sure this will be the final version. Thank You for Your Patience

https://soundcloud.com/mtle-1/mtle-robots-love-digits

MTLE wrote:I'm sorry, I need to bother you again with an update of my track.
Hey bro, you know what you should do - next time just update/edit your original submission post, no need to let us know, as anyone is freely allowed to change their song until the deadline! :) 8)

bjporter wrote:
MTLE wrote:I'm sorry, I need to bother you again with an update of my track.
Hey bro, you know what you should do - next time just update/edit your original submission post, no need to let us know, as anyone is freely allowed to change their song until the deadline! :) 8)
I believed read somewhere I have to anounce again. Now I know better. :wink:

MTLE wrote: I believed read somewhere I have to anounce again. Now I know better. :wink:
Yeah and of course u can always let us know if there's any cool new change or something, or you have a preview of course :)

Hi all,

Really enjoying this month so far, but quick question; do computer music plugins count as "free?"

I.e. I'd like to use an audio processor (enhancer) which I believe is inside the rules, but is it classed as freeware? I dunno if it's available as freeware outside to mag, I haven't checked yet.

Thanks and good luck all

Ed

No, magware is not permitted. If it exists as freeware in its own right then you can use that version.

Thanks for the quick response...off it comes!

Does anybody here have ability to maintain the OSC google page. Countdown still counts up from ODSays deadline and it has 3 different submission dates. Maybe the News section gets an update too.
Could avoid confusion of new users.

MTLE wrote:Does anybody here have ability to maintain the OSC google page. Countdown still counts up from ODSays deadline and it has 3 different submission dates. Maybe the News section gets an update too.
Could avoid confusion of new users.
Agreed 8)

Return to “Instruments”