Online Collaboration with your existing DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I haven't tried this yet, but I couldn't find a mention of it on KVR so I thought I'd post it here so people could take a look. It seems to be an indirect competitor to Ohmstudio.

https://splice.com

"The cloud platform for music creation, collaboration, and sharing."

"Our desktop app syncs all of your projects, samples, and presets with the cloud "

"Get notified of changes, instantly load any save and see who's working on what."

Looks like it supports Ableton Live 8+, FL Studio 11, and Logic Pro X. I don't know how, they don't specify. I'm guessing this is sorta like a niche Dropbox tailored for audio projects.
Last edited by xybre on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

It looks interesting, but I found it super whack that you need to tweet/like/blah the product in order to "have a better chance" at getting a beta testing account.

SMH @ companies that seek endorsements from users who literally cannot have tried the product before endorsing.

ceasless wrote:It looks interesting, but I found it super whack that you need to tweet/like/blah the product in order to "have a better chance" at getting a beta testing account.

SMH @ companies that seek endorsements from users who literally cannot have tried the product before endorsing.
Yeah that is BS :/

I just found another similar one called Gobbler.

https://www.gobbler.com

"Gobbler is built to work seamlessly with all your favorite
music software. This means you’ll spend more time creating, and less time
managing files. Gobbler is even integrated directly into DAWs like Pro Tools and
SONAR, with more on the way."

Looks like they also support Live, Maschine, and Reason which is interesting.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

What's the state of play with the Splice and Gobbler services? Are there any more new services that compete with them?

I'm now wondering about mapping a cloud drive to my PC and sharing projects that way. Anyone had any good experiences with this?

On the first look Splice.com looks interesting for meeting other producers, share projects etc. But it causes automaticly a big legal issue.

For example, a guy produces a track with some samples & presets. Upload the project file and all media files to Splice to share it and get feedback - right there he is violating copyright and license agreements.
If he used samples/sounds purchased by any typical soundshop like Loopmasters, with the purchase and the standart terms of use, he can use the samples/sounds royalty free in his productions(non-commercial aswell as commercial) but he isn`t allowed to share or distribute the purchased content. And that`s exactly what Splice wants - the share of content. Even if they mean the tracks of users done by herself. It`s only legal if the user/producer uses only(!) samples/sounds which he created by himself. If not, and there`re some loops of a sample pack in there, with the upload and so the sharing the user is comitting copyright violation and can be sued. :neutral:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”