Update AAS-Plugins - Tassman now with 64 Bit Bridge

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tassman

Well, after almost a century there seems to be an update (haven't installed yet), check your mail boxes.
AAS wrote:We’re writing to let you know that we’ve just released a Tassman 4 update. You’ll find what has changed as well as a link to the latest installers at the end of this message.

*** This update is recommended for all users on all platforms. ***

This update introduces a 64-bit bridge that brings Tassman 4 into 64-bit Audio Units and VST host sequencers on Mac OS X. You’ll find a readme file along with the installers, please refer to it for further details.

Best regards,
the AAS support team

Additions
* Added 64-bit bridge for Audio Units and VST hosts – Mac OS X only.

Fixes
* Fixed on/off loading bug in Reverb module;
* Fixed lin/exp loading bug in envelope modules.

Notes
* This installer can simply be run over your current installation to perform the update.
* This installer is a full installer so you can use it as a starting point if you need to reinstall from scratch in the future.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'll have another go at it later, but, for now, it doesn't just fail AU validation in Logic Pro X, for me here on OS X 10.8.5, it actually hangs it! (maybe I'll just let it "cook" overnight ;) )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Lounge Lizard and Chromaphone also got updated I just saw.

I haven't heard anything about those updates yet.

I've checked their website, Facebook and Twitter—but no news.

Where did you see abut those updates?
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4 GHz, Logic Pro 9.1.8
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6 GHz, 16 GB, Logic Pro 9.1.8

Sampleconstruct wrote:Lounge Lizard and Chromaphone also got updated I just saw.
And Ultra Analog VA-2 and String Studio VS-2 were updated too. :)

-Sam

Michael Russo wrote:I haven't heard anything about those updates yet.

I've checked their website, Facebook and Twitter—but no news.

Where did you see abut those updates?
Email update notification.

masterhiggins wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Lounge Lizard and Chromaphone also got updated I just saw.

-Sam
Maybe they also updated the dog and the cat. :party:

Maybe because I'm on the other side of the world the emails take a bit longer to arrive.
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4 GHz, Logic Pro 9.1.8
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6 GHz, 16 GB, Logic Pro 9.1.8

masterhiggins wrote:

-Sam
They have added aftertouch support to String Studio and yet again neglected to add it to Chromaphone, and still no pitchbend or even modwheel support (except for a useless vibrato) either - this is ridiculous.

Annoyingly all the installers installed to a different directory than previously and didn't let me change it.

Validated fine, for me, on 10.8.5. Seems to be working fine.

I did have a hang on scanning with all my hosts including Logic 9 but it turned out it was because I tried moving the VSTs back into the folder I wanted them in (it seems even the AU depends on the VST being where the installer put it) - so I ended up having to leave them where the installer put them even though I would have preferred to install them into an AAS subfolder (which I have always done prior to this last batch).

I use Ableton Live Suite 9 64 Bit work fine :)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

aMUSEd wrote:I did have a hang on scanning with all my hosts including Logic 9 but it turned out it was because I tried moving the VSTs back into the folder I wanted them in (it seems even the AU depends on the VST being where the installer put it) - so I ended up having to leave them where the installer put them even though I would have preferred to install them into an AAS subfolder (which I have always done prior to this last batch).
Thank you! :) That was exactly my problem here. I have just done as you said, putting Tassman 4 and Tassman 4FX VST back in their default locations, and now the AUs validate just fine :) (who'd a thunk it, eh? :P )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

I'm guessing that the AU is just a wrapped VST. However annoying that they do not allow custom install paths.

This is a step forward but I see no difference CPU wise from using 32Lives as a Bridge.

Return to “Instruments”