Inserting Midi clip in Live 9

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see the "hotkey" to insert a midi clip, but for some reason, in arrangement view, its greyed out.

My work around is to go into session view, double click a Clip Shot, then copy that and go back to arrangement view and paste it in there, then insert my midi notes.

Is there a quicker way to do this in arrangement view? I never work in session view.

-Sin
My work:
- soundcloud.com/sinthetic-studios
- ft13.bandcamp.com

To do it in arrangement you have to highlight an area to insert the clip in to, otherwise live has no idea how long to make it

ahh. that makes sense.

thanks!

-Sin
My work:
- soundcloud.com/sinthetic-studios
- ft13.bandcamp.com

IndustrialMusic wrote:I see the "hotkey" to insert a midi clip, but for some reason, in arrangement view, its greyed out.

My work around is to go into session view, double click a Clip Shot, then copy that and go back to arrangement view and paste it in there, then insert my midi notes.

Is there a quicker way to do this in arrangement view? I never work in session view.

-Sin
After highlighting just press ctrl-shift-M

willdub1 wrote:
IndustrialMusic wrote:I see the "hotkey" to insert a midi clip, but for some reason, in arrangement view, its greyed out.

-Sin
After highlighting just press ctrl-shift-M
Or right-click and select 'insert midi clip'.

God I love live

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”