maximumjack - War Rocket Ajax (with The Sunray Estate)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings KVR land,

Here's a new music collaboration that has just been released by the enigmatic and underrated if:then:goto and The Sunray Estate (erm, alright it's me and my mate Jez).
Take a trip into a post apocalyptic landscape of despair, decline and decay (really though it's not a downer song) and let your imagination wander (by the way I've been told that it's stereo goodness is enhanced by headphone consumption). Cheers.

https://soundcloud.com/maximumjack/war- ... ray-estate

That's a classy piece of songwriting. I listened three or four times. It's got some great variations on the verse/chorus transitions and I really liked the little sonic differentiation between successive verses and choruses. Great arrangement, and an unexpected ending.

Good work :)

Excellent song. Nice use of stereo in the mix. Hopefully there will be more from this dynamic, enigmatic duo.

Thanks for the kind words.
I was fun spending a few hours with one of my old musical collaborators again (we now live across the Atlantic from each other). It's fun doing music with people on line, swapping tracks etc, but there's nothing better than being in the same room as someone and bouncing ideas around in real time/space!!

Sincerely Man, one of the best Indie song I ever heard!!! Great mixing, everything is in the right place...
... The only thing wrong is that you have not already sent in a major label!

Good Luck!

Thanks Turello - that's high praise indeed :)

alot to like about this, but for me the bass sounded full and deep with no muddy artifacts whatsoever.
good song and it indeed sound very nice on the phones :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”