Love Izotope RX3 pro but can't afford it (any freebie replacement?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

stian wrote:
keyman_sam wrote:Just tried the Acon demo Well, it is not bad for the price, but nowhere close to RX3, sorry. Maybe its meant for more clear cases (where the noise is significant, as demonstrated on the website). In the real world the noise is barely audible when dry, but more than enough to piss you off when you add processing.

For instance the Hum removal doesn't go beyond 500 Hz. The Noise Removal is okay, but still nowhere near RX3. The Hum removal in RX3 offers a lot more parameters that are actually useful.
The DeHum in the Restoration Suite is definitely one of the highlights and among the most transparent available, so that surprises me. Is it really hum you are picking up there? If you need to go above 500 Hz for the fundamental, I would say it is something else.
keyman_sam wrote:Also, RX3 has A/B comparison with various settings which makes a huge difference. I'd save the $100 in the bank and plunk it towards RX3 in due time. :)
But all the plug-ins in the Restoration Suite have A/B comparisons...

The guys at Pro Tools Expert just created a nice review video that shows off some of the capabilities of Restoration Suite for those who want to take a look:

Best,
Stian
It might not be the classic 60 Hz hum but I can only see visually what frequencies it is affecting. I saw the highest harmonic outside the audible range, calculated its lower harmonics and put a notch over that and that fixed the issue.

If I take out the fundamental, it affects the sound too much. I took off harmonics above 4k, and that worked well enough.

keyman_sam wrote:It might not be the classic 60 Hz hum but I can only see visually what frequencies it is affecting. I saw the highest harmonic outside the audible range, calculated its lower harmonics and put a notch over that and that fixed the issue.

If I take out the fundamental, it affects the sound too much. I took off harmonics above 4k, and that worked well enough.
Thank you very much for the detailed description. I have seen noise from fluorescent lamps causing similar noise (where the high frequency harmonics are dominant). I'd be happy to take a look at it if you would like to send a short clip (please PM me in that case). It is always interesting with test material that doesn't work well in order to improve our algorithms.

Best,
Stian

Close to it but not free (~$20 last time I looked) is ClickRepair and it's partners Denoise and DenoiseLF.
clickrepair.net I think.
Much better for processing vinyl than anything else out there, for processing general noise it's close-to but not as effective as RX.

Return to “Effects”