Komplete Product Comparison (From K2 through K10U) UPDATED!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

Pretty impressive documentation. NI should give you a reward!

The Kore spreadsheet could use a few changes through. All of the generators in Reaktor Animated Circuits (Newscool, SpaceDrone, Metaphysical, Skrewell, and Spiral) are included in Reaktor. The Essential Bass pack contains cut-down versions of the earlier Scarbee basses and a cut-down version of one of Pettinhouse's basses, which might be worth noting. Also, I'm not convinced that all of the North India content is currently in Kontakt. That was a *very* large (4 GB+) library so there's no way it's the same as the small instruments in Komplete.

Thanks for the hard work!

EDIT: Paranormal Spectrums was a multi-engine effort. http://rekkerd.org/?s=paranormal+spectrums

chokehold wrote:Thinking about it, Gentleman, Grandeur and Maverick could easily be the NY Grand, Vienna Grand and Upright pianos with new names.
I saw EvilDragon mention somewhere that the new pianos were produced by Galaxy Instruments. Whereas the discontinued pianos were all based on samples from the old Akoustik Pianos plugin, the new instruments appear to be brand new, and much more comprehensive.

http://www.galaxy-instruments.com/defin ... ction.html

I'm no piano expert though, so I don't know whether there's overlap in terms of the actual source piano models used.

thejonsolo wrote:Wow. Awesome piece of history and a fun read!

Jon
+1

A big thanks for doing this! :tu: :clap:

I nominate you as our official NI watchdog. :hihi:

Love it. What's the betting NI start using it as a reference...
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Numanoid wrote:Interesting overview, thanks for sharing :tu:

So Kore was never part of Komplete at all?

Those hoping for Reaktor 6 in K9, have in other words been waiting for that since K3 ;)
The free 5.6 update was a pretty big overhaul. Not really too much yo komplain about with Reaktor. It really has had some excellent additions in that time. :tu:

Pretty sure I will now upgrade to 10 from 9. Not nearly enough new stuff added imo, or at least anything new I must have.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I'm not sure if you want to add anymore historical detail to the Komplete History, but as it's Komplete…

In December 2004, after the launch of Komplete 2, NI offered a programme called Komplete Care 2005, where for a one-off fee they'd ship you the major version updates over the course of the next year. They repeated it for the following year, in conjunction with K3, but I think they junked it after that, just going with the more or less annual box updates. They shipped you a little plastic card with the orderfor reasons that escape me that had the serial number you used to authorise each one as the DVDs turned up in the post.

Gamma-UT wrote:In December 2004, after the launch of Komplete 2, NI offered a programme called Komplete Care 2005, where for a one-off fee they'd ship you the major version updates over the course of the next year. They repeated it for the following year, in conjunction with K3, but I think they junked it after that, just going with the more or less annual box updates. They shipped you a little plastic card with the orderfor reasons that escape me that had the serial number you used to authorise each one as the DVDs turned up in the post.
Wow, that program was confusing as hell! I can see why they dropped it. I remember seeing some press releases about how Komplete 2 owners were going to be "brought up to date" with free Absynth and Battery upgrades not long before the Komplete 3 release, and wondering what the deal was with that. I imagine that coincided with killing the Komplete Care program?

Thanks for the tip!

UltimateOutsider wrote:I remember seeing some press releases about how Komplete 2 owners were going to be "brought up to date" with free Absynth and Battery upgrades not long before the Komplete 3 release, and wondering what the deal was with that. I imagine that coincided with killing the Komplete Care program?
I think you're right – I've got the feeling they didn't follow through on the second year of Komplete Care and killed it at that point. I've got the email offering Komplete Care 2006 along with K3 but I vaguely recall it being withdrawn fairly soon after that, although I can't find an email about it.

Breeze wrote: BTW, I never understood why "Balinese Gamelan". You guys worked on any Balinese Gamelan grooves lately? Maybe a lot of Balinese musicians use Komplete?
Gamelan may not be the centerpiece in western music, but can be
great for adding some mystery/ambience. There are large populations
in nations where such sounds are common. Someone without the space
or funds for the real thing, now have some possibiities.
Cheers

+1
Gamelan always takes me back to the work of Geinoh Yamashirogumi on Akira OST :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b9BuP8rkTE

love it.

you take me back too !

chokehold wrote:Interesting how the update from K9U to K10U would take several pianos from me, and instead give me Action Strikes. Swap Session Horns for Session Horns Pro, and that's just about all the (to me) interesting changes.

Thinking about it, Gentleman, Grandeur and Maverick could easily be the NY Grand, Vienna Grand and Upright pianos with new names.

400€ for orchestral drums, some more Horns and renamed pianos.
Really doesn't sound like a very good deal to me.
Well, as someone else already mentioned, the new piano's are actually new. And I thought that bmanic said that they're very good, although I don't know if that was by first hand experience.
And when you upgrade you obviously don't loose the old piano's, you can still install, register and use them.

I think NI beancounters no that previous Komplete owners
may skip a version or two in the cycle. But for people
new to vst, like most kids leaving highkrool, the first Komplete
purchase, could be life-changing, if they stick with it.
Or life-saving, if one switches addiction from hard-drugs,
to music production. I bet there are a few such stories here at kvr.
Cheers

glokraw wrote:I think NI beancounters know that previous Komplete owners
may skip a version or two in the cycle. But for people
new to vst, like most kids leaving highskrool, the first Komplete
purchase, could be life-changing, if they stick with it.
Or life-saving, if one switches addiction from hard-drugs,
to music production. I bet there are a few such stories here at kvr.
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”