Best reverb, for all jobs? (ongoing process)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic

hibidy wrote:So........I've tried 687 reverbs and I'm not satisfied at all!

The only conclusion is there is no conclusion. Every single one of them has a fatal flaw except "open air" which is of course tied to studio one.

giving up! :x
NOOOOOOO!!! :cry:

Maybe the new Valhalla updates will be the Holy Grail. 8) Hope so, anyway.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Yeah, I went back to a couple of tunes on S1 and the open air was like "wow, I like that" :cry:

You can get the Sonitus suite from Cakewalk for $99 which include their Reverb, which I think sounds great. Though I've gotten used to the "blues club" preset in Perfect Space(which I'd recommend if I saw it for sale) I'd still recommend the Sonitus 'verb for a non-convo.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

codec_spurt wrote:What with KR-Reverb and MVerb and OldSkoolVerb, I would bet you could pretty much do anything, but we are all looking for the next holy grail.
Did any one mention Signaldust Abstract Chamber, Tila2 and IRDust?
EpicVerb is excellent, too.
Don't forget Poor Plate and JB Omniverb..
It's easy if you know how

Signaldust Abstract Chamber and IRDust (for who want to use Impulses in true stereo) are really Brilliant!

SS
Last edited by codec_spurt on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

SS
Last edited by codec_spurt on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey hibidy, how's the search going? Sorry I don't have time to check through the thread, but did you ever try Acon Verberate? Your comment about the OverTone verb sounding natural reminded me of this ... I think the Acon does "natural" better than just about anything I've heard. Reasonable price, too. Well worth checking out.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Yeah, I tried it. Can't remember why it didn't hit a chord with me. Nothing bad, but I guess nothing that beats R24/48.

OverTones seems unique to me. It's certainly not an is all/end all, but for 20 bucks it's prolly worth adding.

And Lexicon Pantheon..? :hihi:

Turello wrote:And Lexicon Pantheon..? :hihi:
I laugh because I remember way way back when I got sonar 3 and that was included, it was the most panned reverb ever. Yes I know.....turn up the diffusion! :lol:

The VST version works better but... :lol: ... I laugh with you!!!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=380128
Michael Carnes wrote:
crewtr909 wrote:Pantheon2 from Lexicon sounds good too
Pantheon was a port of some basic code provided to the Salt Lake facility when the brand was in the process of moving. It was done by a very bright person who was lacking some key information. This was never reviewed by either David Griesinger or me, and unfortunately slipped through without being corrected. It should never have had the Lexicon label.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Ok for the label and other tecnocracy\burocracy matters but IMHO is not so bad... In fact I still continue using both 1 & 2 with some satisfaction! :-)

Turello wrote:Ok for the label and other tecnocracy\burocracy matters but IMHO is not so bad... In fact I still continue using both 1 & 2 with some satisfaction! :-)
I've never tried it (them), but it seems the SLC guy messed it up somehow.

Why they didn't just fix it is my question.

Maybe whatever is wrong with it is also what some people like about it.

I've been going through different mostly "lesser" reverbs, and sometimes what sounds pretty crappy by itself, actually sounds good in a mix.

Go figure.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Return to “Effects”