Komplete 10 Date - Oct. 1 2014

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wow 600 bucks for a 41 key keyboard! It better be made out of aluminum..
:borg:

Novalis wrote:
EvilDragon wrote: Of course it's mono aftertouch. Poly AT is still too expensive.
Well, this keyboard for 99 euro has polyphonic aftertouch:
http://www.cme-pro.com/xkey-features/
Yep, and it feels like $99 crap too. Pass.

It doesnt. For what it is.
It is not a replacement for a weighted keybed, of course. ;)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:How does this and Maschine handle Reaktor presets by the way? I haven't used Reaktor in Maschine in depth. Does it pull presets from the default factory path? Or from the factory path that you specify in preferences?

Sadly Maschine doesnt handle extra presets very well at all. All of Komplete FACTORY content has been tagged and available in a huge database.
But.. say you added a bunch of new 3rd party Massive presets which were then added to Massive's internal database, Maschine doesnt pick these up.. you'd have to save all the presets in maschine's own format.
Either NI have a batch converter that they arent sharing, or someone at NI sat and load/saved every single komplete preset within Maschine. (tedious..)

I really hope this is improved if Komplete browser will be using the same system.

gamecat666 wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:How does this and Maschine handle Reaktor presets by the way? I haven't used Reaktor in Maschine in depth. Does it pull presets from the default factory path? Or from the factory path that you specify in preferences?

Sadly Maschine doesnt handle extra presets very well at all. All of Komplete FACTORY content has been tagged and available in a huge database.
But.. say you added a bunch of new 3rd party Massive presets which were then added to Massive's internal database, Maschine doesnt pick these up.. you'd have to save all the presets in maschine's own format.
Either NI have a batch converter that they arent sharing, or someone at NI sat and load/saved every single komplete preset within Maschine. (tedious..)

I really hope this is improved if Komplete browser will be using the same system.
.nmsv is a format Maschine understands so no conversion is needed unless they are in ksd format, and Massive can batch convert those - it was explicitly developed with import into Maschine in mind. Is there not an option to define custom user paths in the data base settings in Maschine to point to your Massive etc user libraries? I'm sure there should be.

gamecat666 wrote:

That's not true. All presets are available in Maschine. Just make sure they are in a path available to Maschine.

double

had to post this from gearslutz

:lol:
:borg:

I wanted to give NI my money so bad. Just not worth the upgrade to me from 9.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Any chance that they will make the komplete browser compatible with maschine controller? There doesn't seem to be much they need to do make it happen, but somehow I doubt they will.

Komplete Kontrol IS the Maschine Browser, you already HAVE it, including the NativeMap ;)

True, thats why i said theres not much effort needed to make it happen. But it would be nice to get maschine like control over NI plugins without having to load the maschine plugin in another daw.

Actually, I really don't know what NI were thinking. What they should've launched is a maschine keyboard, with both the maschine and maschine keyboard also having komplete browser functionality. As it is now, its just got fragmented and makes no sense, atleast from my perspective. I don't see why anyone who has a maschine would buy this. I don't see why anyone who already has a decent controller would buy this. And I don't know why anyone in the market for a new one would choose this over a nektar panorama, Novation SL, Roland A-series, or a bunch of other options, unless the keys are much better. Not to mention the Kore debacle, and this basically seems like a step backward. So to be honest, Im completely dumbfounded, it seems like such a strange product to launch right now.
Last edited by maschinelf on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V0RT3X wrote:had to post this from gearslutz

yep, this picture says it all...

As an ultimate user the K9 to K10 update feels like "How to transform the money in your wallet into useless crap that crams your hard drive"

Dr.Gunjah wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:had to post this from gearslutz

yep, this picture says it all...

As an ultimate user the K9 to K10 update feels like "How to transform the money in your wallet into useless crap that crams your hard drive"
You've already heard the three new Reaktor synths to know they're "useless crap"?

You view Molekular, Session Horns Pro, Rise & Hit, Action Strikes, and Kinetic Metal as "useless crap"?

Even at full price, and even without hearing the new Reaktor synths, I think the KU9 to KU10 upgrade is a steal.

I might not even be able to wait for the 50% off sale.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

Return to “Instruments”