Virtual Instruments that Get you pumped

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What I mean by that, when your making your music what in your collection gets your juices flowing. What vst's or sound libraries. I would say for me padshop pro, halionsonic, groove agent 4 (drums), razor, omnisphere.

Razor for sure... Monark, SynthMaster, Absynth... I get endlessly fascinated by Granulab, but that's a standalone.

My brain.

Tunefish, Harmor, Harmless, Z3ta

I love that Tunefish has a wide selection of presets to get started with- drums, pad, lead, bass... Really everything you need is ready to go, and it's free. First free synth I've donated money to.
Last edited by arkmabat on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not to sound like a hardware snob (I'm not - I use h/w and s/w in all of my tracks), but making music using a computer does not remotely "get me pumped." Software can be convenient and practical, but, as a person who comes from a musical background, software instruments are not exciting to me, nor is starting at a computer and clicking a mouse (i.e., what I spend 8-10 hours/day doing at my job). Getting my hands dirty with hardware synths (e.g., my Mopho X4, PC3X, or Virus TI2), or a bass or guitar, etc. gets me pumped. Software simply gets the job done, but without the excitement - not that there's anything wrong with that. YMMV, of course.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

"fat" --> Sylenth1, Vanguard, Massive
"sharp" --> Zebra2, Chromaphone, Pianoteq, Dune2
"warm" --> Omnisphere, Kontakt
Last edited by mhog on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

I dont even own it, but i find myself visiting ISW's subforums just to hear Zircons and their users tracks made with shreddage, that shit gets me pumped. Not too much rock or metal to be found on kvr, but you find some good stuff in there (more than you find on the radio imo).

As for when im making noise, im in love with wusik's 4000 atm. I dont always feel like picking up my guitar, wusik is a lot lighter :)

Ideas from people, untouched, not molested by some suits telling artists what is in and out at the moment, thats what gets me pumped.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

DIVA and Bazille with soundtoys , Vir2 Electri6ity + Amplitube

The ones that keep me involved and intrigued the most in playing and sound:
Alchemy; Kontakt; Zebra; and Pianoteq...

Alchemy and Omnisphere have caused me to write the most songs unintentionally, I suppose that is getting pumped :p
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Remember when I bought Cakewalk Dimension Pro - I could be swept away for hours looking through the presets and playing different harmonies.

The strings in there are really nice, if keeping to the low-middle range on keyboard. Higher end really start producing some harsch components.

Others are brass libraries, making a setup like in Wallander Instruments. Really good approach for assigning 1st, 2nd and 3rd voice to keys in chords. The timbre of brass is really nice and not so common to play around with.

Just playing around with chords on this can also make me loose track of time.

These two things made me really want to look into making film score. It's really emotional landscape kind of and interesting to explore.

I'm sure this will change next week, but...

ZebraHZ, Pianoteq 5 - especially the Wurlie and Rhodes organs for software along with Push and Bass Station 2 for hardware.

Sylenth - it would be rude not to

Ivory II Upright Pianos - What Boogie Woogie & Old time Rock'n'Roll were invented for

Project Sam Symphobia - Hans Zimmer is my bitch ! :D

MUX - I just can't get over the modular freedoms i get with it

Synthmaster - Because I need a bit of everything

Rapture - When I want to go simpler that the prior two
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “Instruments”