Komplete 10 Date - Oct. 1 2014

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How will this new browser work with 3rd party libraries within Kontakt? I'm assuming end users can freely tag our favorite instruments, at least I hope so.. :tu:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote:How will this new browser work with 3rd party libraries within Kontakt? I'm assuming end users can freely tag our favorite instruments, at least I hope so.. :tu:
Yeah it appears to be basically the Maschine browser, which is based on the tags in individual instruments. So the presets added to your Kontakt would show up in the Komplete browser with the tags added in Kontakt.

Looking at the pictures on the createdigitalmusic website it does look like it is essentially the Maschine interface with the sequencing and groups/pads. It gives the same miniature plug-in window view with the key parameters. I wonder how host parameters are handled from the Komplete plug-in. It could be quite handy for those of us who use Push or similar 8 knob devices as perhaps the parameters will be grouped and mapped the same way as they would be for Kontrol.

How does this and Maschine handle Reaktor presets by the way? I haven't used Reaktor in Maschine in depth. Does it pull presets from the default factory path? Or from the factory path that you specify in preferences?

menthol wrote:
Gribs wrote:I thought that if the upgrade price from Komplete 9 -> Komplete 10 Ultimate is in the right range, I might go with Ultimate to get Molekular and some other stuff, but it looks like there is no real break in price.
I'm in the same boat as you and may have some advice that could help. I think the way to do it as cost-effectively as possible is to first update to K10 and then from K10 to K10U. Right now Musician's Friend is taking pre-orders for the K10 update at $149 and they also have a Labor Day sale that gives you 10% off if you order today. So I just pre-ordered K10 (I'm upgrading from K8) for $134, which seems like a pretty sweet deal. I figure later I'll take advantage of the inevitable 50% off for the K10-K10U upgrade and pick that up for $199.

It's not chicken feed but it's better than the current direct upgrade price from NI or elsewhere. And I guess I'll have to wait to get my hands on Molekular, but I'm willing to in order to save a few bucks.

Hope this helps ...
poop, coupon code doesnt seem to work anymore, just says item not eligible

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:UltimateOutsider thanks for the Native Instruments Komplete Version Comparison spreadsheet.

If You extrapolate from what was included in previous versions Komplete 10 will be a major and desirable release. It may get the release of the year award. Is there such and award? That is if I extrapolated correctly. :D
Or perhaps it will be a mediocre release followed by a paid 10.5. Cubase has been doing paid .5 updates lately. This is ok if you get your money's worth.
Did I say "Komplete 10 will be a major and desirable release."? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Is there a way to delete the top posting?

The only hope that we have is that there will be a "mediocre release followed by a paid 10.5." I really doubt this so I will stay with K8 and hope that K11 will be worth getting.

:hyper:
dedication to flying

Well, if that were the case you could twerk to your hearts content.........

Oh, did I say that? :oops:

ezelkow1 wrote:
Call them - I got a message saying that I had already used the coupon and they made good on it over the phone. Worth a shot.

EvilDragon wrote: Of course it's mono aftertouch. Poly AT is still too expensive.
Well, this keyboard for 99 euro has polyphonic aftertouch:
http://www.cme-pro.com/xkey-features/

The NI one for 489 euro hasn't.
The prices for the controllers are a total rip-off, imo.

ezelkow1 wrote:
menthol wrote:
Gribs wrote:I thought that if the upgrade price from Komplete 9 -> Komplete 10 Ultimate is in the right range, I might go with Ultimate to get Molekular and some other stuff, but it looks like there is no real break in price.
I'm in the same boat as you and may have some advice that could help. I think the way to do it as cost-effectively as possible is to first update to K10 and then from K10 to K10U. Right now Musician's Friend is taking pre-orders for the K10 update at $149 and they also have a Labor Day sale that gives you 10% off if you order today. So I just pre-ordered K10 (I'm upgrading from K8) for $134, which seems like a pretty sweet deal. I figure later I'll take advantage of the inevitable 50% off for the K10-K10U upgrade and pick that up for $199.

It's not chicken feed but it's better than the current direct upgrade price from NI or elsewhere. And I guess I'll have to wait to get my hands on Molekular, but I'm willing to in order to save a few bucks.

Hope this helps ...
Yes, same problem here. I opened up an online chat session and they gave me a different coupon code (looked randomly-generated) that gave me the same discount. Sorry; don't have it anymore, I just cut and pasted it in, but you should (quickly!) do the chat thing. The person who helped me was named "Christian".

Im still debating, I may just wait for the 50% off upgrade since Im still unsure at this point. Or maybe if jrr/audiodeluxe/etc get it for 150+%off

150% off - now that's truly a no-brainer!

With NI’s new Australia tax policy on pricing I’m not disappointed sticking to K9, not seeing any must have additions.

ezelkow1 wrote:Im still debating, I may just wait for the 50% off upgrade since Im still unsure at this point. Or maybe if jrr/audiodeluxe/etc get it for 150+%off
Yeah, I'll just wait until the upgrade is 50% off too; I just bought the upgrade to Komplete 9 Ultimate in July, at half-price, so I think I've got enough toys to keep me busy for a while. I may use the $30 voucher that came with it on Molekular, but I can wait for the other new items.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

When do you feel the best time would be to buy the komplete 10 ultimate update? Also, any stores you recommend I can get it cheap. I know theirs florida mussico, gigasonic, east coast music. Online retailer. Thx

Return to “Instruments”