Oatmeal skins, patches and presets

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oatmeal

Teksonik wrote:If I remember correctly Limeflavour is OK with sharing skin edits......
Modified files (will remove the link as soon I get any complaints):
http://chris-s.bplaced.net/div/lumina_mod.zip

Chris-S wrote:
Teksonik wrote:If I remember correctly Limeflavour is OK with sharing skin edits......
Modified files (will remove the link as soon I get any complaints):
http://chris-s.bplaced.net/div/lumina_mod.zip
"This web page is not availalbe" is all I am getting.

sorry, the hoster (bplaced) has network problems.

Edit: Should work now again.

Chris-S wrote:sorry, the hoster (bplaced) has network problems.

Edit: Should work now again.
Thank you kindly Chris. :tu:

Thanks for the download link Chris-S :clap:

I do assume that you can change the colours of any skin, so long as you replace the ones in the original folder? If so, would I be able to change sections (top / middle / bottom) to different colours, like a roland synth and use that skin, or would that be impossible ?
:tu: All is good

Thank you Chris. :tu:
And after reading your "read me" file I now know that I need to replace the skin images (with the same name) with the one edited. I was making a new folder :hihi:

Again many thanks, your colour is far easier to read :clap:

DrewDale wrote:I do assume that you can change the colours of any skin, so long as you replace the ones in the original folder? If so, would I be able to change sections (top / middle / bottom) to different colours, like a roland synth and use that skin ?
Yes, you only have to go sure that each of the 6 files is modified the same way.

Chris-S wrote:
DrewDale wrote:I do assume that you can change the colours of any skin, so long as you replace the ones in the original folder? If so, would I be able to change sections (top / middle / bottom) to different colours, like a roland synth and use that skin ?
Yes, you only have to go sure that each of the 6 files is modified the same way.
Thanks Chris-S I will have to give it a try out :)
:tu: All is good

Maomoondog wrote:And after reading your "read me" file I now know that I need to replace the skin images (with the same name) with the one edited. I was making a new folder
Yes, I overwrote the original lumina-skin files because it was a very small modification and because it was not intended to be released to public.

Chris-S wrote:
Maomoondog wrote:And after reading your "read me" file I now know that I need to replace the skin images (with the same name) with the one edited. I was making a new folder
Yes, I overwrote the original lumina-skin files because it was a very small modification and because it was not intended to be released to public.
+1 Thank you Chris :tu:

Oatmeal is an amazing synth that still has guts to offer like a decade later.

For those who said oatmeal does not support unison voices in FM mode, yes it does, but you have to select a minimum of 4 voices for detune to work. The rpan and rpitch buttons dont work very well in whatever mode.

Another interesting thing is the amount of control you have with the LFO ADSRs. This with the harmonics edition makes oatmeal a very interesting synth for sound design.

Fantastic synth btw.

Kel wrote:For those who said oatmeal does not support unison voices in FM mode, yes it does, but you have to select a minimum of 4 voices for detune to work. The rpan and rpitch buttons dont work very well in whatever mode.

Another interesting thing is the amount of control you have with the LFO ADSRs. This with the harmonics edition makes oatmeal a very interesting synth for sound design.

Fantastic synth btw.
So I've been told. Unfortunately, this synth is so old that I couldn't get it to work on my 64 bit system, not even using JBridge. And now, I don't even know if you can download it anymore, not that it matters.

Would be great if the designer would update it to run on more modern computers.

But i guess that would be asking a lot.

wagtunes wrote:
So I've been told. Unfortunately, this synth is so old that I couldn't get it to work on my 64 bit system, not even using JBridge. And now, I don't even know if you can download it anymore, not that it matters.

Would be great if the designer would update it to run on more modern computers.

But i guess that would be asking a lot.
Im using FL studio on a 32 bit computer, and I can use several instances with no problem. But is an old computer so I dont know on 64 bits. Its a bit unstable but perfectly workable (Im doing a bank for it).

You can download on this thread I think, on the first post. I have the zip with all patches and last version of the synth If anyone needs it and I can upload it for you.

I have had Oatmeal act up a bit at times. It was very rare but it did happen. I think it has some good-sounding OSCs and very interesting, if perhaps quirky, features. I love Oatmeal and will keep it archived away in my files forever.

Return to “Instruments”