What's Your "Go To" guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My flat black Jim Root tele... it wails! :D
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

arkmabat wrote:black and white fender
Now it that the white body with a black neck or a black body with a white neck?
or
is it the one with the black front and black back or is it a black white front and black back?

Personally, I think the black front and white back with the white neck sounds the best!!! :lol:
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Since I've started this thread. I've picked up the strat twice and the parker twice. I'm playing the Telecaster Modern Player Plus everyday.

I've even put it further away from my amp then my other guitars and still walk back past them to reach for it.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

my james hetfield esp trukster does it job,the emg pick ups can provide some laid back tones once you turn the volume down but to be fair its a metal machine :band:
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

damoog wrote:my james hetfield esp trukster does it job,the emg pick ups can provide some laid back tones once you turn the volume down but to be fair its a metal machine :band:
EMGs on the JR Tele too... they are insane! 8)

Martin SPD-16K (now discontinued by Martin AFAIK). I tried this koa wood guitar at Willy's in St. Paul and fell in love instantly. I liked it better than several other new Martins that were priced higher (the SPD was about $1800 at the time). I was really shopping for a steel string, not just kicking the tires, so I returned the next day and verified my love then made it mine.

G&L s500 (like a super-Strat). I had this and an American Deluxe Strat at the same time and chose to keep the G&L over the Fender.

Godin LGXT-SA for synth guitar.

The Gibson ES-335 that I bought new in 1982 for $850 with the case (LOL).
------------------------------------------
Gribs

a '99 squier tele with upgraded pups.. it's the only one i have.

We just sold my go-to PRS Korina Mira. I really loved that guitar. Having lost that, I'm now playing a cherry sunburst 90's American Strat that's been modified with Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups and a heavy duty all steel bridge with a massive string block. It's a great guitar, I can sound like Jeff Beck when I play that.

Wow E

I'm on the fence about selling guitars even those I almost never play. My old go-to was my 80's fender plus with gold lace sensors. In recent years each time I've picked it up I've been mesmerized while playing it yet.....Still don't have enough love to put all others aside from the thing.

Actually since I've started my new job I'm playing less and less.(time constraints and interest) I hope I don't lose desire for playing all together
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Fender American Deluxe Strat Plus with Personality - Mystic Ice Blue
Tacoma Chief 3c

tapper mike wrote:Wow E

I'm on the fence about selling guitars even those I almost never play. My old go-to was my 80's fender plus with gold lace sensors. In recent years each time I've picked it up I've been mesmerized while playing it yet.....Still don't have enough love to put all others aside from the thing.

Actually since I've started my new job I'm playing less and less.(time constraints and interest) I hope I don't lose desire for playing all together
first I cant help but notice that Eric's post started with "We", it's part of the business I reckon ;)

As for losing your desire, after all these years has anything ever made you lose your desire? I use to worry about that sometimes, but somewhere along the line it's changed to "what's wrong with me, I still cant get enough of playing" :hihi:

of course I dont really feel that way
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Indeed! Even the 1959 Les Paul Jr. I've been playing for 20 years will be up for sale soon. Nothing is sacred!

Hink wrote:
As for losing your desire, after all these years has anything ever made you lose your desire? I use to worry about that sometimes, but somewhere along the line it's changed to "what's wrong with me, I still cant get enough of playing" :hihi:

of course I dont really feel that way
I go through spells where I wonder the worth. It's not like I'm going to be playing out any time soon. Of all the stuff I've done, well done that been there and back a million times. Yes I do play a great version of Stairway to Heaven, so what. Yes I have climbed a few mountains exploring different musical approaches be they physical challenges, Intellectual approaches and a billion other things to make the music fresh again,,,,So what.

I'm dealing with a lot of here and now issues as well with a lot of around the corner issues, Between the stiff hands at the end of 14 and 16 hour work days and frustrations with my new job (which won't last long) And my other 2 hour a day or less job (which I've had for the last ten years) that also won't last long. I have no rest and not a restful mind.

Guitar playing which in the past was a great respite from the daily drama isn't doing that for me now.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”